Gj2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gj2

Has anyone played one of the GJ2 guitars? Any good?
    http://gj2guitars.com/

I believe there has been a couple of posts on them in the guitars by other manufacturers section.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/129...tar-Show-today

Comment

Drum city in Colorado has a few of these on their website, they look awesome. At the price they're marked at they had better be. LOL. Buy one and let us know.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I'd expect them to have similar quality as the Jackson CS when he ran things there. He had his hand in making quality American made guitars back then, I don't see what would be different now. Slightly different designs. If you like the changes, I'm sure you'd love the guitar. If you don't, which I fall under, don't really care. They look pretty amazing though, just not my thing.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            I'd expect them to have similar quality as the Jackson CS when he ran things there. He had his hand in making quality American made guitars back then, I don't see what would be different now.
            I’d wager that he has more control over the product with GJ2 than he did with Jackson. He certainly has less employees than he did back in the day. If I had the opportunity to purchase a soloist or a GJ2, I’d go with the GJ2. I like the necks better (which of course is subjective), and the ones I played were nice and lightweight, made from Honduran mahogany (which I expect to be a problem since you can’t ship that out of the US), and the nonexistent neck joint is killer. The feeling I got from the ones I played was that it was a product of all of his years of experience. They've also got a line now that starts at 1899.00

Sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I played them and I think the fit and finish and playability is incredible. The necks are a bit fatter than Jacksons and in the long run will probably give you less hand fatigue. I felt they were some of , if not THE best playing guitars at NAMM this year. Grover walked me through all the specs and was super cool as was his staff. I asked him about prices, he will tell you up front they are not cheap and they are priced comparably with other quality guitars. It really feels like Grover put everything he knows about building into these to make them play perfectly.

From a purely visual standpoint they are a little boring and that might put people off. But they are great players.

Comment

All in all...the GJ2 Guitars are good, overpriced instruments with little visual appeal and zero 'sex appeal'.

My prediction is yet *another* dismal failure by Grover to try & re-capture the magic. IMO, Lightning will not strike twice in such a rabidly competitive business as the guitar industry.

It's funny, I saw these in January at NAMM and was around their booth to hear comments like....'played OK, but not for the money' and 'Oooh, I do not like the way they look'

Saw them again recently at a local (Pomona, CA) guitar show. Ironically they were right across from a guy who had a several '80's Jacksons for sale....Grover couldn't help himself and ambled over to get a closer look at them while i was standing there chatting with the guy selling them...I said to Grover 'Hey, those look familiar eh?'....Grover just glanced my way & grunted 'Mghh-yeahh-ghh....'

I even snapped a pic of the mighty Grover Jackson circa 2012 (in orange shirt) for posterity's sake.

He should NEVER have sold his soul and his name & cashed out to IMC all those years ago.
                Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 08-21-2012, 08:11 PM.
                Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

A lot of us wish Grover was still at the helm, or at least still involved with J/C in some way. But Grover was a businessman first, if selling J/C seemed like the smartest business move at the time, I can understand that.

I've heard some real horror stories about the financial state of J/C, especially in the San Dimas days. If IMC was a way to get more capital for his business, Grover did what he had to do.

Just my two cents.

Comment

I haven't played one. but how could the NOT be good?
                    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Working...
                    X