USPS Local Post Office Remailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPS Local Post Office Remailing

Is it possible to remail a certain parcel when the mail is on hold at the local post office due to holiday leave? The parcel is distinct and although it as same address as the rest, it has a different name on it....

....and is it possible to remail this item internationally by paying remotely?

Or is it a case of all mail gets redirected or none at all, unless you know someone down the local post office or just waitig to remail it once the mail is not on hold anymore?

Anyone know what USPS are like if you call up your local office, if that is possible?
    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Just tell them that it contains some very important components for your sick grandfather's cuckoo clock project, and that by order of the Prophet (Peace be upon Him), exhort them to forward it IMMEDIATELY, Allahu Akbar!

I guarantee it will not sit in that office a moment longer.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

When you call your local USPS, you're not really calling your local USPS unless you have a direct number.

And if it's on vacation hold, or some kind of hold, you will need to actually go down there, even if you were the sender.

Sorry, your outlook is not good.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

They don't care about the name, just the address. Lots of people here have mixed names at home (remarries who keep their old or maiden name, non-marrieds, etc).

And they don't care if the recipient is on holiday or not. They'll try three times then either hold it or send it back. If it's an International package, they'll hold it, but not sure for how long before they toss it.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Newc, they delivered the priority signed for parcel and its shown up on the tracking as 'Notice Left'

Seriously, all mail was put on hold two days ago and still they went out and delivered it today, as it showing as out for delivery from local PO and then 'Notice Left'? Does a USPS 'Signed for' item overide the hold service or something? It's telling me to call 800-ASS-USPS and if I don't within 15 days they will send it back. I thought they would have held it surely with the hold notice current for 30 days on all mail, or do they not hold signed for parcels?

They ain't seriously gonna send it back after 15 days are they, when there is a hold notice on all incoming mail?
          Last edited by ginsambo; 08-16-2012, 05:36 PM.
          You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Working...
          X