Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Search Of....atomic tommy!

Prologue:

Saturday: A heat wave has been assaulting the Southland for over a week. I holed up in my ancient north county bungalow, cursing the equally-ancient air conditioner. I ventured out to my porch at around 6:30 PM to find that it was 10 degrees cooler outside! Doing some much-needed lawn watering, I vowed to get to cooler climes on Sunday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...d06_story.html
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Chapter 1

Sunday: Freakin' 103 degrees! I walked to a local restaurant (OK, McD's...hey, free wi-fi!) to meet my dad for his weekly visit (we share some food & news, and I look up articles, movies & events online for him). After Dad left, I decided to head due south....to Huntington Beach, where it is about 20 degrees cooler. I also recall that this is where Atomic Tommy hangs out.

I also wanted to stop by a 24 Hour Fitness to get my swim on. Not around here, though! Clicking around on my trusty laptop, I got an address to a 24Hf in HB, kinda on the way to the beach; also got an approximate location for Tommy. (After all these years on the JCF, we've never met, although we were supposed to....back in 2004 I believe?

So, I walked back home and tossed everything in the old Lexus
    Click image for larger version

Name:	933_0175.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	2446276
    and cranked that A/C! Headed south, I noted with anticipation the outside temperature display dropping -
    98, 96, 93, 88 in N. HB!

Slight delay when I found the 24Hf I was heading to....is now an empty storefront! Argh, this economy! Oh well, there's another right in downtown HB, and barring that, the Pacific Ocean's usually open!

At approximately 13 blocks from the beach, I pulled up at Tommy's (?) and noted the temp was now 83 degrees, nice! Here's the house: http://goo.gl/maps/fEgFA
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

interesting
      USA Jackson RR1
      Charvel Model 6
      Jackson Performer-2
      Orange Dark Terror
      EVH 5150 LBX
      Hello Senòr

Comment

Never mind the house, tell us about the hair
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Atomic Tommy is no longer at that address Ron, i was there until july of 2004.
          had a 3 car garage that i turned into a studio, and a backyard on 13th street, one of the few houses
          that had a yard at, all much less a short walk to the ocean, about 6 blocks in from said water.
          the yard was a slackers paradise, 3 huge hammocks, a trampoline, lots of chairs, lots of guitars, and lots
          of other stuff which would be indelicacies so to speak. i wouldn't live anywhere that is not near the water,
          i still need a blanket at night, that is the beauty of this place, you inland 10 minutes and you
          are severely hucklefucked.
          Ron I'll PM you. I did feel as if i were being sought out yesterday, ha ha! just joshin'.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I did have a bunch of people over one year during the Naam show. All I remember is chuckracer and myself
            assaulting joints and being a loud headache to all, a fun headache though.

Comment

the house is the 2nd one in from the left but it did not look like that when i lived there,
              the house has been totally rebuilt. it looked more like the one next to it on the right.

Comment

If you get hit on the head with a suction cup dart gun, check the far side of the pool.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                  I did feel as if i were being sought out yesterday, ha ha! just joshin'.
                  Why? Did the cops keep cruising by your house?

Comment

cops, helicoptors, swat teams, all the above.

Comment

It's been nice in the Midwest Ron. Told you you'd get payback

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                        cops, helicoptors, swat teams, all the above.
                        they want to know how you keep your hair so beautiful too. cops want hair like that too.

Comment

it's because i'm a headache to all.

Comment

Well someone needs to keep those people busy

Comment

easy money quote- joe pesci- "is it any good?" (about the joint they're about to smoke)
                              rodney- "it oughtta be, i got it off a cop"

Comment

Working...
                              X