Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson settles out of court with the Feds

http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/06/news....htm?iid=HP_LN

So that wood, though illegally taken, is now gonna rot away in an evidence locker? What a waste. So basically, a bunch of rare trees were cut down for no reason. Brilliant.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

The CEO was pretty adamant that the wood was all legal. I guess he did what he had to do. Thanks for the link. I wonder what a million dollars of ebony looks like. :think:

Comment

350K and they skate on everything. a drop in a very deep bucket. if you have the money,
        you can buy your own justice. what i am wondering is how many trees had to fall just to generate
        the endless reams of paperwork for this case.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

So with the confiscated woods, lost productivity and court costs, what do you think the average price increase per/guitar will be?
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

the new 1959 Re-re-re-pre-post-re-reissue flame top Pauls will be more than the real ones,
            i'm guessing about 350k each.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Where were the Feds when this wood was imported? Wasn't this shipment supposed to be verified upon entering the country before it was cleared to enter?

Sounds like someone in Guvmint works for FMIC, or Ibanez.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nah Newc......Here is what happened:

All these congress people, politicians, regulators, etc all bought their kids Guitar Hero a few years back. Now, the kids have gotten older and want to play a real instrument. However, they only want a Gibson since that is what Zakk, Slash and Buckethead generally play. They cried to their parents that they just had to have the Les Paul Custom or the Zakk and Slash models.

The parents went to go buy them and seen the price was insane. Though, they know shit about guitars, but, even they knew the prices were overinflated and non-justifiable. They all got together and try to do a group " Power Buy "....just like their health insurance. Gibson snickered. A few piped up that they had to do something to get these guitars because Christmas was around the corner. They also said there was no way they were paying Gibsons prices as Gibson was trying to be as much of a thief as the Guvment..... You know how the Guvment hates competition.

So they put the feeble little minds together and decided to raid the Gibson shop and confiscate all the guitars. So you see ladies and gents, those guitars arent going to waste in a evidence holding area.......they have been distrubited to all the politicians. -Lou

PS..... If it wasnt this exact scenario and there was a competitor causing Gibson problems......I would point my finger at " Mr. I made a decision for all the guitar builders to buy the company that harvests the only legal source of ebony in the world " Douche Taylor
                Last edited by LouSiffer; 08-06-2012, 04:20 PM.
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

cardboard fretboards now????
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                    cardboard fretboards now????
                    It's not cardboard - it's Compound Tone-ite™

Comment

I bet Martin guitars is displeased with this turn of events. They didn't give money to Obama to go after a company that tends to donate republican just to have a quick settlement over the same wood source Martin also uses.

Oh well. At least Martin can still use the wood while Gibson can't.

Comment

Tin foil hat time?

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                          Tin foil hat time?

YES!

I still think the raid was politically motivated and the finger still points at Martin.

Besides, Tin foil hats are awesome than ones made out of aluminum foil.

Comment

Working...
                          X