The resident DIY guys here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The resident DIY guys here...

that do the drums by one means or another for their own songs, would any of you be interested in composing, and recording drum tracks for my songs? Im becoming increasingly agitated with the tools I have to do that, and no one here locally has agreed to do it for me. Looking to get a lot more of my songs done, drums are holding me back.

I cant pay, it would just be as a favor in someones spare time or something. Any help would be cool. I of course WILL give credit to whomever for their part in it.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

I'll give it a whack.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      I'll give it a whack.
      PMed
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Newc a drummer? I did not know this.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Newc a drummer? I did not know this.
          That sure does explain a bunch tho doesn't it?
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Yes it does..... Like his Newcenstein creations.... And why he looks and sounds like Animal of the Muppets.-Lou
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

EAT DRUMS! EAT DRUMS!
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

And no, I'm not a skin-beater. I use BFD 2, which allows for MIDI-style drum editing/sequencing using actual recorded drum samples (real mics in front of real drums in a real studio).

Comment

Big F%(#n Deal 2 ?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Bill's F'n Drums I think. I dunno. They're English

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      using actual recorded drum samples (real mics in front of real drums in a real studio).
                      I like the emphasis on describing how 'real' the samples are....
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Well, "samples" has meant "digital pulse code modulation generated by a machine" for so many years that some people are still not aware that those soundbytes they blast over CNN is a sample.

The "read my lips" Bush thing from Foreclosure Of A Dream is a sample, and that was a real person speaking into a real mic. Same thing here, except with drums.

As well, modern technology allows any shlep with time on his hands to stick his iPhone in front of a WalMart kid's drum kit and record their mom hitting the skins, then string them together in some hip-hop loop program on their iPad.

Not to mention being able to sample (i.e. steal) pre-recorded drum tracks, as rappers have done.

The FXPansion website details the mics and drums and studio used to create BFD, just like was used for DFH and EZDrummer.

Comment

Newc,

I was just busting your chops Bro, I'm looking forward to the future mp3 section update on y'alls collaboration.

Cheers
                          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Subscribing to the thread. Sounds interesting
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

...and Twitch was never heard from again... :p

Comment

Working...
                              X