Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go paperless they say. but what's the point??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go paperless they say. but what's the point??

The credit card companies want me to go paperless and I do. But I open my mailbox and there's so much of paper...junk emails, advertisements, credit card offers. At the end of the day, by going paperless I am saving 2 sheets of paper a month x 2 credit cards = 4 sheets. How can I go "paperless" on all the junk in my mailbox? :think: I've stopped checking my mail and do only once a week.
    Sam

Save the junk for a month and sort it by sender, then stuff each pile into an envelope and send it back postage-due.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Funny, I don't need to use my E-mail account to check my creditcard specifications, just log in on th CC's site and check there
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I think he didn't mean to type "email" - I think he's talking about snail-mail.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

oops, yeah I meant mails. I should probably say 'when I open my USPS mailbox, it has lot of junk mails' So how are we saving paper by discontinuing a couple of sheets of credit card statements?
          Sam

Comment

Agreed.

But like I said, save the junk and sort it according to sender, then after a month, send it all back postage-due.

Comment

I wish there was a National Do Not snail mail spam registry like the National Do Not Call list (which works great, hardly any phone spam calls, the one or oddball I get I report them). I go paperless as much as I can to save a few trees but damn, all that junk mail is a waste. I shred credit card offers and throw everything else in the recycle bins.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Junk mail pisses me off. Doesn't help that we get the junk mail of the previous owners either. At least my town gave recently us all giant recycling bins (basically trash cans) that we can put junk mail into.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                  I wish there was a National Do Not snail mail spam registry like the National Do Not Call list
                  Voila:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...ts/alt063.shtm
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They hold our money, they speculate and gamble and asset strip our businesses so we loose our jobs for a quick buck, using our money, they get bailed out with our money which they use to pay themselves bonuses...out of our money whilst interest rates are verging on 0% and they refuse to grant business loans or overdraft extensions even when order books are full, but they will asset strip our businesses for a few quid and make us all unemployed.

Fuck the arseholes for all they are worth. I logged on banking recently and they placed a paperless option page before I could access my account with a click button the size of a screen, needless to say I had to rearrange paper option after.

When its tax return time, a paper trail is a easy read, a pixilated screen which only displays four lines of transactions at a time at a headache inducing 50Hz is a waste of space to say the least and its your own printer ink and paper if you need to hand it to somebody, less you go handing your private banking details to a complete stranger.

The local banks here have introduced, self checkout, yer know like the supermarkets. You feed you're checks in and they come up on screen, no need for paying in book or a paid staff teller. Put a cheque in for £228 the other day and it read 'Your cheque is £4...is this correct?' So I called the machine a fucking wanker and walked over to the staff and got them to sort it. I said your machine is a piece of crap. Also instead of a documented record of each cheque in your paying in book, you get a tiny receipt on a piece of 2" x 4" paper which is illegible. Great come tax return time.

Fuckin bank. The only time I felt I got my monies worth was when the called security on me because I started kicking off as they wouldn't hand over my cash (Needed £2000 to pay a subby).

fucking assholes the whole lot of them.

If there is one place in the world that I would walk into naked and lay down a big crap down on the floor, it would be a bank and when they called security on me I would piss on them.
                    Last edited by ginsambo; 08-09-2012, 05:47 PM.
                    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Heh.

I PAY people to take care of this stuff.
                      OK, I pay my wife to worry about it.

Comment

Mark it all return to sender and drop it all in a public mail box. Newc's idea work just as good.
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                        X