X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Harris solo album

http://www.ironmaiden.com/steve-harr...tember-24.html

Geriatric metal \m/
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

saw that earlier. i have no idea why the man behind maiden would need a solo album when he has such overall control of maiden...
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Is he singing? He may as well, since he sings along to all Maiden's songs.

Maybe he's catching up on his reading and writing songs that the rest of the band are finally able to say "ok, we did The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner just cuz we were buds, but we draw the line at The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People and The Four Pillars of TQM."
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          saw that earlier. i have no idea why the man behind maiden would need a solo album when he has such overall control of maiden...
          I would like to think 'arry had to swallow some of his pride and authority to get Bruce and Adrian back into action

All conjecture ofcourse, but Maiden looks to have become a band with 6 guys instead of 4 guys under the command of Steve Harris,
          and it seems if Steve wants to have his way 100%, he'll have to pull a Bruce Dickinson and do it by himself
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Bass player solo albums can be great. Billy Sheehan's Holy Cow album is great. But he had a bunch of stunt musicians come in and work on it. Ironically on an album that features Paul Gilbert, Doug Pinnick and Billy Gibbons on guitar, my favorite solo on the album is Billy's.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Eh, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Adrian had his ASAP thing in '89 and one or two other bands he formed after, and he's even got a side project now.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I couldnt imagine what it would be like being in one of the biggest bands in the world, and being bored enough to have a side project. Holy shit, I barely have it in me to constantly write new, decent songs for my band and were pretty much nobodys at the moment. I mean hey, more power to him... if hes got so many ideas that he needs a side band to get all of them out, thats why hes one of the most famous bassists in the world and thats why Im still sitting at my desk at work typing this.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

hahahahaha!!!
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Last I heard, Maiden stopped making albums, so I can see why Harris would do this.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                      Last I heard, Maiden stopped making albums, so I can see why Harris would do this.
                      Whered you hear that?
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

yes, i would like to know too, especially since it was made clear that the title of the last album was just to fuck with people...
                        GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                        X