Now this is a private collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is a private collector

I was searching eBay for a Les Paul and came across this guy again and this time paid closer attention to what he really had for sale. He says it's his private collection and I think most are "unplayed", but he has more than $680,000 worth of guitars listed! I mean shit! And my wife thinks I have a problem

His eBay name is blackrose289.

Check him out

http://www.ebay.com/sch/blackrose289...&_trksid=p3686
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Oh, and check out the guns on the model!
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I've bought several Les Pauls from him. Great seller to deal with and he has some really badass Les Pauls! Examples of what I got from him are a Les Paul Custom Axcess Floyd Rose. The neat thing about it is that its Silver/White AND its a Stinger! I have not seen another LPC Axcess Stinger. Another was a 70's Reissue triple pickup Les Paul Custom in Cherry Sunburst.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Damn!

I only saw one guitar under $3K, and it was $2990.

I need to show that to my wife. Maybe I can convince her that I actually have pretty cheap taste in guitars, and don't have very many

Comment

looking at that was depressing..... wow.

Comment

Right? Rudy that's great to know actually. I am watching one of his right now, and it's always good to have feedback from someone you can trust. I lost out on the vintage white 2012 VOS with Ebony board from the Music Zoo that I was going to grab for my new daughter, and can't find another one anywhere. No one has one with an ebony board. So I was just passing time with something else till I can find one.

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
              Right? Rudy that's great to know actually. I am watching one of his right now, and it's always good to have feedback from someone you can trust. I lost out on the vintage white 2012 VOS with Ebony board from the Music Zoo that I was going to grab for my new daughter, and can't find another one anywhere. No one has one with an ebony board. So I was just passing time with something else till I can find one.
              Yeah, I've had good dealings with him. In fact, you'll notice most of his ads have a Make Offer option. If you contact him privately and ask him what his bottom price is he will tell you and then you can make the deal with him. I know what you mean about the LPC with Ebony boards. Unless you buy a really early 2012, you're going to end up with Richlite. Gibson got into trouble with the feds with their Ebony and basically don't/can't use it right now. Have you considered a 2011-earlier? Those have Ebony. I believe the Ace Frehley Budokan LPC used up the last of Gibson's Ebony.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

he is a business and has been on eBay for a while, always has high quality stuff.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Rudy- I have seen a few 2012 VOS with Ebony boards so I know they're making them. I really want it to be a birth year Les Paul so it has to be 2012. I could get one without an ebony board but I have it in my mind what I want her to have, so until I have exhausted every avenue I will continue the search. If not I will a different Les Paul but from 2012.

Shawn- he says it's from his private collection? I figured he does this as a business but with the inventory he carries, good lord. Most stores don't have that. And then most of the pictures he takes are out front in a yard. That's not too business like. It's just very weird. I'm sure he's a stand up guy with great gear, please don't get me wrong. I am not questioning that. I am just amazed by the collection of HIGH end instruments that he has.

Comment

Shawn- he says it's from his private collection? I figured he does this as a business but with the inventory he carries, good lord. Most stores don't have that. And then most of the pictures he takes are out front in a yard. That's not too business like. It's just very weird. I'm sure he's a stand up guy with great gear, please don't get me wrong. I am not questioning that. I am just amazed by the collection of HIGH end instruments that he has.
                    JC is a guy who has a collection that became his business, and it still is his collection really. lol
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

He always has top notch LP's. Never dealt with him personally but I think he's legit and good to deal with.

Comment

Rudy- I have seen a few 2012 VOS with Ebony boards so I know they're making them. I really want it to be a birth year Les Paul so it has to be 2012. I could get one without an ebony board but I have it in my mind what I want her to have, so until I have exhausted every avenue I will continue the search. If not I will a different Les Paul but from 2012.

They did make some Ebony boarded LPC's in 2012 but they were early ones. Gibson is not making them with ebony any more due to the legal mess with the feds over it. In addition, they have had to make a small modification to the way they produce their Rosewood boards as well. Apparently they can not import indian Rosewood boards which are unfinished in the thickness they need. so the way they do it now is to use two thinner layers glued together. Some people over at the Les Paul Forums are up in arms about both of these changes but Gibson doesn't have much of a choice right now. Anyway, Hopefully you'll find your 2012
                        Back to this seller on E-Bay, Blackrose289. He's good at answering questions quickly by e-mail and I've had good dealings with him when I bought my Les Pauls from him. He also packs the guitars well for shipping. I would not hesitate to buy another from him. Another place you may want to try is Grinning Elk Music. They always wheel and deal Les Pauls and their guitars although used, are in fantastic shape! Ray and Lee over there are great to deal with.
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                        X