Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prometheus

Anyone here seen it yet? I watched a camcorder version and it was good, only it dropped off the last few minutes I was surprised it wasn't cack as others suggested (i.e.: those who did go to the cinema, and were expecting something similar to ALIENS. Prometheus is due out on DVD 1st October, so I'm looking forward to watching it in its entirety (and much better quality ).
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 07-14-2012, 02:44 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I saw it. Good and bad moments.

The good:
    The cinematography, especially the opening scenes. Overall art direction was really nice.

The bad:
    Some lame moments (hey lets take off our helmets 2 minutes after landing on an alien planet! Touching alien creatures on an alien planet and calling them cute. Do all aliens grow to maturity in like 3 minutes? Charlize Theron was wasted on this movie and not necessary.

After the movie I read a lot of the spoilers and theories online which made me like the movie a bit more. Of course the trailers made it out to be more ominous and dreadful than it actually was. I think David was the best part and was hoping for the oddness that was present during the opening scenes when he was mimicking Peter O'Toole. That set up the movie to be odd and creepy then for the most part it had a lot of scifi cliches.

Comment

I thought it was worth seeing. The only thing I was really displeased was the story is cut in half and won't be finished until the sequel is released. A lot of the plot is vague... I don't mind the cheesiness. On it's own merits it was enjoyable and I look forward to story clarifications when the next one comes out...
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Oh, so it's only a prequel of a prequel? Good to know, so I won't rush out and buy it expecting "and this is what happened when Ripley and crew were diverted".
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

No Spoilers, you fucks!

(Haven't seen it yet, but want to)

I've heard it leaves more questions than answers, but that's almost expected with Lindelof (LOST) writing it.

Also, it's more of a visual film than plot heavy. Ebert actually liked the 3D (he is a 3D hater), so maybe I'll dig out the extra couple bucks.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Honestly it was pretty good for what it is. Slower moving than you might expect I guess but if you like the franchise you will like this visually very good.
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

It's worth the price of admission for the visuals alone - it's stunning! Plotwise, it raises more questions than it answers, and there are many WTF? moments. Michael Fassbender is brilliant, however.
              Better than Alien 3, 4, and the AvP movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
                Charlize Theron was wasted on this movie and not necessary.
                So no tits huh?

...damn
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Lol. Nope. Sorry Ron!

Comment

I thought it was okay, but you could tell it wasn't meant to stand alone well before the movie ended. For me it wasn't that they didn't answer all the questions, it was that they never stopped generating new ones. I also expected the navigator to be more badass. They have crazy 25000 year plus stasis technology but can't keep some gear stashed in a footlocker?

They should have nuked it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I thought it was pretty decent, but the plot definitely was kind of vague and did leave a lot of unanswered questions. Worth seeing, though.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'll wait for the real Prometheus movie, the Titan who stole the secret of fire and gave it to man, causing Zeus to chain
                        him in a cave to have his liver eaten every night by a giant eagle, as it would grow back everytime the very next day. a miserable fate.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          I'll wait for the real Prometheus movie, the Titan who stole the secret of fire and gave it to man, causing Zeus to chain
                          him in a cave to have his liver eaten every night by a giant eagle, as it would grow back everytime the very next day. a miserable fate.
                          He was called George Best over here.
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                            He was called George Best over here.

Saw it in 3D, was thoroughly entertaining.
                            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I gotta see the next "prequel". I'm hoping it'll answer all questions too.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X