Shipping boxes for RR-sized cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping boxes for RR-sized cases?

Where can I buy 'em? No music stores to raid here in the hinterlands and the usual suspects (ULine, etc.) don't carry the size I'd like to have (minimum 52 x 22 x 7.5 so I can bubble wrap the cases). Any ideas?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Make a case out of other smaller boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
      Make a case out of other smaller boxes.
      +1 - 2 regular boxes, a box cutter and some tape should be all you need...
      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Bike store. Appliance store. Both of those will have large boxes and should be willing to give them away.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm really looking for a place like ULine where I can just have 'em shipped here. Out here on the perimeter there are no stars, err, I mean no bike shops. Maybe one within an hour and I'm a bit short on time these days.

Most places have 50 x 20 x 8 but V / RR cases themselves are 50 x 21 (-ish with feet & handle). There must be a source, I've just been unable to locate it.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

check out these guys...they have various sizes..maybe ask if they stock anything bigger

http://www.uline.com/BL_7906/Guitar-Boxes
            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Yeah I'd placed on order with those guys last night but was hoping to find something I wouldn't have to cut down. Caught them just ahead of shipment and added a few of these:

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...rrugated-Boxes

to the order. A bit larger than I really wanted but, as I was alreayd paying freight on my initial order, shipping was free which is always a good thing.

Comment

Bike store.
                The boxes are slightly heavier material than guitar boxes and most bike stores will just give them away.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                X