Harley anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley anyone?

Picked this up yesterday. 1995 HD 1200 Sportster. Not top of the line, but HD none the less. Had the Intruder(in background), but it didnt ride a passenger all that comfortably for either party. That was a contingency for the purchase of the Intruder was that I had to take the wife on it. She had never been on a bike before. Ive got her hooked on it now, even thinking about getting her a Rebel or 250 VStar in the spring to learn on for herself.

Anyhow, this bike is way more comfortable 2 up and a more relaxed ride all around. The Intruder felt and sounded like I was doing 120 when I was doing 60. Thats fun in town, but for a long trip, not very relaxing.

Now I need to continue with my horse trading and turn the Intruder into another car(traded the truck for the HD, yes the nice green Silverado). Love it when the wife lets me make monetarily and possibly responsibility stupid deals. We still have the robot van, so were not car-less(05 Caravan with stow-n-go and all the electric doors,we can open both sliding doors and rear hatch from across the parking lot with just the push of a button, hence robot van).

HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Enjoy your new bike! But I suspect you'll be looking to upgrade to something bigger in the not-too-distant-future if you're going to be doing a lot of 2 up riding

I don't have a Harley, but I do ride. I come from a family of Harley/Indian riders (grandfather/father/uncles from the 1930s up until current times) but I'm not a huge fan of them. My father just recently told me I'll be getting his bike when he can no longer ride, so it's gotten me thinking about trading mine in for something a bit more sporty since I won't be needing two cruisers.
    Here's my 2008 Victory Vegas 8 Ball

Comment

Twitch: Congrats!

Codex: I see your 100ci and raise you 10ci

Honda VTX1800

Comment

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          Picked this up yesterday. 1995 HD 1200 Sportster. Not top of the line, but HD none the less. Had the Intruder(in background), but it didnt ride a passenger all that comfortably for either party. That was a contingency for the purchase of the Intruder was that I had to take the wife on it. She had never been on a bike before. Ive got her hooked on it now, even thinking about getting her a Rebel or 250 VStar in the spring to learn on for herself.

Anyhow, this bike is way more comfortable 2 up and a more relaxed ride all around. The Intruder felt and sounded like I was doing 120 when I was doing 60. Thats fun in town, but for a long trip, not very relaxing.

Now I need to continue with my horse trading and turn the Intruder into another car(traded the truck for the HD, yes the nice green Silverado). Love it when the wife lets me make monetarily and possibly responsibility stupid deals. We still have the robot van, so were not car-less(05 Caravan with stow-n-go and all the electric doors,we can open both sliding doors and rear hatch from across the parking lot with just the push of a button, hence robot van).

I kinda like that yellow blue and red ride that is sitting in the garage behind it in the pic. that is more my style.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9605.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	2446190

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Congrats! On The new H-D

The bike my wife made me buy. I wanted a Ducati. I never thought I would buy a BMW. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                I kinda like that yellow blue and red ride that is sitting in the garage behind it in the pic. that is more my style.
                Bwahahahaha!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Does this count?

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Does Pat still have his Eerie Dess Swirl Harley? I bought a RR1 from him and he had a Harley painted just like it. Would love to see pics!
                    Last edited by kuerbo; 06-30-2012, 10:39 AM.
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                    X