Heading home soon (finally)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading home soon (finally)!

I've spent 10 of the last 15 months here in Australia and I am finally headed home for my longest stay there in a while. Its good to visit the wife, kids, dogs, guitars n such every so often.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I'm sure it will be nice just to get away from all the venomous beasties present in Oz.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Was playing with a constrictor we found on the site this morning. Poor little guy could barely move it. It was too cold for him. We put him in a sandbag and move him into a warm heated building. Probably let him go in a few hours once he's moving about without being so sluggish.
      But about the venomous critters....yeah I had a really REALLY close call with a 2 meter Eastern Brown digging up an old tree brush pile with the excavator...the Brown came up with the bucket, partially skinned and wicked pissed off, I was less than three feet from hom when the "SNAKE!!!!" call got screamed out...well within striking distance, (that one got killed)..I felt something moving on my neck and swiped it away with my hand ...fely a monstrous STING then sat bolt upright (was laying in the grass ....stupid)....my neck started swelling up immediately...my co-worker came over and looked and then pulled out a 1/4 inch scorpion stinger out of the side of my throat...walked around with the medic's ice bag on my throat for hours till the swelling went down. Yeah the scorpion was killed when my hand swiped him away..stinger was stuck in my throat and ripped off its body when I did that.
      will I miss those creatures..nope...but at least it gave me some fun stories to talk about !
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

WTF type of job do you have? Need to hang with Steve Irwin. Wait - didn't he die?

Comment

I'd be scared to go to Australia, I looked up the 10 most venomous snakes in the world, and 5 lived in Australia. It's good you're home with your family.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            WTF type of job do you have? Need to hang with Steve Irwin. Wait - didn't he die?
            I have a fun job Don....my sig line and username tell the story.

Comment

It's always the blue wire right?

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

um yeah ....or was it the red one?

Comment

Mac Gyver once disarmed a bomb with a bottle of milk and a chewing gum...

Those snakes and scorpions would scare me too, I even can't stand a wasp anywhere near.
                  Enjoy your stay home, there's nothing like it...
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I will! thanks!
                    Gotta stop "visiting" home and start "living" there.

Comment

I'm going home too..tomorrow, from Shanghai to Albuquerque.. maybe your flight is longer though, from oz to anywhere is like 80hrs
                      Cheers and have a safe journey
                      Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
                        I'd be scared to go to Australia, I looked up the 10 most venomous snakes in the world, and 5 lived in Australia.
                        And VitG lives there. That bloke has more backpacks out in his shed than the stock room at Camping Warehouse - and the odd "head on a stick" too...
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

What are you doing there? I mean, ok, your disarming bombs by why Australia? A lot bombs down there ?
                          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

If he tells ya, he'll have to kills ya!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

nice....
                              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Working...
                              X