New Star Wars game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Star Wars game

Bit of shameless self-promotion: I know there are a few Star Wars fans here. Here's how I've been keeping myself busy for the last 9 months. I was one of the team who made this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQyGu4EqZsU

Enjoy!

(Best watched in 720p, but even then a lot of the subtleties in the rendering are lost with the low-res and compression artefacts.)
    My other signature says something funny

Looks good! Hopefully it doesn't suck like every star wars game except the x-wing/tie-fighter series...

Seriously I think Lucas owes me a beej for all the money I've thrown at crappy star wars games since I was a teenager.

(K, I lied a little, the Jedi Knight games that Raven worked on were good too.)
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I can't answer for how it plays - I was brought in to help with the rendering tech. But yeah, I've had a few disappointments in my time.

Comment

Oh, this is supposed to be the SW game everyone always wanted. This is supposed to be MA-17+, basically an R rated Star Wars game...
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Meh. I hate preview/sell-it-to-'em demos. I want to see it running on the retail 360 or PS3, not a jacked-up PC with an $800 video card and 60 GB of RAM.

But congrats on the gig, anyway. Play your cards right and see if you can weasel your way into Square. Their CGI gives me wood.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Wow Cliff, Didn't know you were in the digital arts. The lighting in that looks amazing. Hadn't heard of this one.
            I been a hobbyist since i first got a pc in 98, i got one to play Diablo 2 and Quake 3 and as soon as i found out you could make your own shit, that's all i did for a while. Had to learn everything from scratch, but eventually started doing mods and map making, modeling, dabbled in Max and Maya. It is so time consuming and took me away from playing guitar, so now i'm back doing that more and slacking on the other. I do love it though, i can crack out for hours on end making shit. I have a multiplayer rpg that i worked on for about 5 years, still not done, 11 years later, lol. I fuck with it from time to time, but it's in the old Unreal 1 engine, so uh yeah.

Anyway, that looks like something to keep an eye on for sure.

And Newc, unless your playing it on a pc with a 600 dollar video card and massive gigs of ram, it ain't worth playin.

Btw, crackin on Diablo 3 ..click..click..click...click yeah it's 5am, just logged. Gnight, lol.

Comment

Thanks guys.
              I'd been in the games business since the early 80s (with a break of a few years in the 90s). I've been working in movie vfx for the last few years, so this was an interesting opportunity to revisit game tech and apply what I'd learned.
              Trem, I know what you mean - this stuff can be totally addictive. A couple of years ago, I was spending most of my spare time coding up hobby projects. Then I rediscovered guitar. But it's really cool you're into this stuff too. For the longest time I had an ambition to make a multiplayer RPG. If you ever get yours finished, let me know. Even if you don't, it'd be cool to see screen-shots of current progress. (Don't know if you have a Mac, but if you do, there's a really easy path to making IPhone/IPad games with it - I got one 3/4s finished a couple of years ago.)
              Last edited by Cliff; 06-17-2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X