Back where I belong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back where I belong...

A few years ago I actually moved out west to the Portland area. Well, it was nice, but it just isn't my cup of tea and I'm happy to say that after 2 years of giving it an honest chance I wised up and brought my ass back east where I belong. For those that like it on the west coast, you can have it! I'm happy to be back where I feel more "at home". I'm now just outside Nashville and loving it. To my surprise, when I arrived, a group of musicians from another hangout of mine were having a lil 3 day get-together open jam. 3 days of hanging out with some great musicians, some from as far away as Spain, was the type of welcome home I wasn't expecting but it put a mile-wide smile on my face and resulted in collaborations that I'll probably never get to partake in again. I'm definitely glad that I was able to be a part of it even though it wasn't metal. It was a great opportunity to play along side some great persons and reminded me of just how laid back things are back east. No offense intended towards the west coast, but I guess I'm just an east coast kind of guy. Having been born and raised in the Carolinas, I happily say that it's damn good to be back where I belong and yeah, even though I don't always see eye to eye with some of the people here, it's great to see you all again.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Thats cool dude! I'm kind of in the same boat...

I'm originally from florida and I've been all over the country my whole life. I'm currently in Utah (I'm not an inbred by the way, lol!) I really don't fit in here, man. I haven't had a friend in like 4 years, the people I tried to jam with are crack/meth/coke heads that can't concentrate on something for a mili second, I can't get a job, because I'm not in the religious "brotherhoood". If your not from Utah originally, your definitely gonna have an extreme culture shock... People here are very, very, very different.

I think I'm gonna try to move on back east also...
    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

You ever do and are somewhat reasonably close to Nashville let me know. I'd love to get together and jam just for the hjell of it and who knows where the road takes us.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Working...
      X