80's Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Music

I was taking a trip down memory lane and watching the video for "Turn Up the Radio" by Autograph. How funny the tricks the mind plays on us. I remember Jackson's in the video but when I watched it there were no logos to be found. I would swear the lead singer is playing a Kelly but who can tell. and the lead solo looks like another jackson but you cant see what he's playing. were they not endorsed so they covered the logos? I know they were a one hit wonder but wow?
    Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
    2007 Jackson DK2M
    1983 Kramer Pacer Special
    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
    2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Personally I don't know but there came a crazy thought:idea: on my mind : go find on of these guys emails and ask them personally....what better?

Comment

Steve Lynch is playing a Jackson in the video and Steve Plunkett is playing a Guild..
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91 View Post
        Steve Lynch is playing a Jackson in the video and Steve Plunkett is playing a Guild..
        I never knew Guild put out a pointy head guitar.
        Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
        2007 Jackson DK2M
        1983 Kramer Pacer Special
        2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
        2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You see good shots of the white strat from 3:17 - 3:31

Hard to make out the logo though.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I saw 'em with the wife BITD..yes..Steve Lynch's gotta Jackson..Crate stacks. plunket Guild..the bassist plyed Guild Pilot basses too. You prolly could see their gear better that "Loud N Clear"..with cameos of Ozzy and Vincle Neil. "Acting" like they saw god when Steve goes into that tappin' solo. It seemed funny they did give a shit during the song much, until the solo. It was the best PR ANY band could possibly get! But Nirvana was on the horizon...and playing like that was considered gay by mainstream...aka the Illuminati..haha.

To be honest, and I followed the entire shred thing from then 'til now. The intro to "Loud N Clear" is one of my very favorite intros of all time. I don't like the song at all. I love the intro and like the solo. That intro slapped me in the face..like a big wet pud. It get's your attention, and still has that impact today IMO!

Funny how you memeory seems better than seeing it again..That intro did have impact..it's still cool. But I didn't feel the pudslap at all>>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaJKzabH4_Q

Sadly Steve was just viewed and another Ed clone, much like many playing like Vitto Bratta. Sure the influence is blatant. But they raised the bar to higher levels, including bass players while mediocre players got the glory. Sad in one way, but it was the best thing that happened to metal, and playing. But that's another topic.
              Last edited by horns666; 05-07-2012, 05:22 PM.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Man Ive gotten to the point that this stuff is the only thing I listen to. period. because its guitar dominated, and its all about having a good time. nirvana sucked dick, and kurt cobain was a piece of shit. music is supposed to be an escape, and I dont wanna hear shit that makes me depressed. Hell I love SRV but his stuff isnt depressing, its just down tempoed with alot of feeling.
                Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  You see good shots of the white strat from 3:17 - 3:31

Hard to make out the logo though.
                  Using the 720 resolution, at the 3:29 mark, I can barely make out a Charvel logo on a white background. He had both a Jackson and Charvel with that graphic, but because this vid's from 1983 and it's a bolt on, I'm betting it being the Charvel.

BTW, right at that moment, the director or someone with an outstretched arm moves the guitarist before he does the tapping thing. I never noticed that before.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

You know they bought off Ozzy, Vince, and all those chicks for an 8-ball.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      each or between em?
                      Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        No, I think actually Ozzy was confused and thought he was coming to see George Lynch play.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          No, I think actually Ozzy was confused and thought he was coming to see George Lynch play.
                          Ahhhwaahwhahauaahhh Shaaaaron!!! When did he leave Dokken??

Comment

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jackson-logbooks.htm

He has the black Charvel in this pic.
                            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                              Now, I'm confused !!! I was certain that was Vince Neil and Kelly Osbourne in a Steel Panther video.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X