Check out Jimmy Kimmel tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out Jimmy Kimmel tonight!

And see me and my boss at work! Photo courtesy of every guitar tech's best friend, Scott Uchida

Damn man, nice gig!

Comment

Ha, you look so serious!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So which of his LP's does he like the best, and which one do you like the best?

I get my best Slash tone with my '77 Custom loaded with the original T-Tops.

And tell him to keep doing shows, but damn is there a way to find out when he's on? And do you mean he's on TONIGHT 4/11? I'm in Nashville but I think it plays the same no matter where you're at.

I loved that bit he did with Conan (when Conan was host of the Tonight show) when they bought Slash that bike with the banana seat and the sissy bars
        Last edited by DonP; 04-11-2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Ha, you look so serious!
          I was going to say he had his game face on haha. "If a string breaks on national TV, I'm gonna look so bad!"
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice! I was watching Kimmel talk to David Spade, then I fell asleep during the commercials and totally missed Slash!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I Heard "Coming up - David Spade" so I turned it

Comment

Nice gig Ace. Are you also Slash's "Hat-Tech"?

Comment

Man, he must use the thinnest guitar straps ever made! ...must have shoulders of steel there!
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Very cool! So as a professional guitar tech what the best can't live without tool you have/ need [besides a tuner]?
                    Last edited by Sharkfin; 04-11-2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                      Very cool! So as a professional guitar tech what the best piece tool you have/ need [besides a tuner]?
                      I wouldn't be surprised if it is "duct tape".

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                        I wouldn't be surprised if it is "duct tape".

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Is that your beater Ron?

Comment

no, that's his main gigging guitar!!!
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

WOW!, your boss lets you wear a hat and bandana at work? COOl!

Seriously awesome man!!!
                              "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Working...
                              X