The thing people will try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing people will try

So I decided to post my Kelly on my local Craigslist. I got a bite on it and the guy asked me to call him. When I do he tells me a sob story about how his Kelly was stolen in 2006 and the one I posted looks just like it. (Didn't see that one coming.) After a few minutes his story is starting to smell like last weeks garbage. He couldn't provide a serial number or anything distinctive except a dent on the bevel below the selector switch. he really couldn't "remember." So I pretty much explained that it was most likely not his guitar (because there are a couple of outstanding features he failed to mention) then he pushed and wanted me to look on the body and look for the "dent" he mentioned. After hanging up I pulled my posting up and checked out the pics. sure enough there is a shadow that looks like a dent where he mentioned it. except the shadow is a reflection of a light fixture.. I finally put it together that he was gonna try to swindle me out of my guitar by guilting me then threatening to involve police. what he still doesn't know is my degree is in criminal justice and I have experience in law enforcement.
    I cant help but wonder how many Craigslist posters this guy has tried this on and how many fell for it because they were afraid they may have a stolen instrument and could go to jail.
    Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
    2007 Jackson DK2M
    1983 Kramer Pacer Special
    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
    2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

lol.... and the sad thing, it's probably worked once or twice for them.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That just sickens me. Write down your fucking serial numbers, have pictures of distinctive areas, and be prepared if your gear was stolen, if you're trying to swindle people out of theirs get fucked. That seriously pisses me off so much, I'd lose it if someone tried (let alone succeeding) at doing that to one of my guitars.

Comment

I know I would be out for blood if someone stole my gear but how scary is it that this guy thought he could look at some pics and try to pull a fast one. good thing we don't have that issue here. Everybody shares their serial numbers, shows detailed pics, and tells us everything about their guitars. I will say this, the guy had some giant brass!

Currently Shredding:
        2007 Jackson DK2M
        2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

I don't understand all these people who try stealing guitars, I think the best thing to do is to buy one and let it become a part of yourself and your personality , to me it would never work like this with someone else's instrument..... so go get a motherfucking job make some money and you will feel the real pleasure when you get something with your own money, if not then fuck off motherfuckers ......

Comment

I think people in general these days are simply assholes. I don't know what's happened but common sense and common courtesy seem to be in short supply these days. The older I get the less I like people lol. I should say the JCFers are a good crowd. I like shooting the shit with you guys and seeing what all is going on in JCF land. Thanks bros.

Comment

That CL guy is a piece of shit and waste of space!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                That CL guy is a piece of shit and waste of space!
                amen to that!

Currently Shredding:
                2007 Jackson DK2M
                2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
                  I think people in general these days are simply assholes. I don't know what's happened but common sense and common courtesy seem to be in short supply these days. The older I get the less I like people lol. I should say the JCFers are a good crowd. I like shooting the shit with you guys and seeing what all is going on in JCF land. Thanks bros.
                  Indeed, it's the way society is going in general, IMHO. It's now cool and desirable to be a villain, to be a thief, to revel in the fact you don't do a decent, honest day's work. And why should you? Fuck it, a spot of crime, better than working for a living, surely? It's glamorous now, to be, or act like you are dishonest, to be a wide boy.
                  Kids don't have proper role models, I know they're an easy target, but look at your average rap "stars" (or whatever the current term is for that kind of music. You all know what I mean) with their wads of cash and guns in videos - utter trash.
                  And with no real deterrent when scumbags get caught, it ain't gonna get better!
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

That is my guitar. Now give it up lol. Thats just insane. I woulda been like " I bought this new from the shop so someone else has got yours. Now give me cash or leave me alone!" Ha ha

Comment

Working...
                    X