No announcement yet.

Artist signatures on guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jgcable, I totally get the thing about something having a story or personal value to you, and I would cherish anything that Uli sined for me as well. But to me it would be a personal thing and not something to sell or buy. And certainly not something to make money off of.

Now, as for instruments that have been played and owned by a famous player, that's a different story to me. I sure would love to own a guitar previously owned by Hendrix, SRV, Knopfler, Gilmour, Mustaine, Friedman, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
      But to me it would be a personal thing and not something to sell or buy. And certainly not something to make money off of.
      +1
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I don't want scribble marks on any guitar that I would own, I don't even care who it is. A little rubbing alcohol and a cotton cloth... Oh, that Rhoads has Randy's sig on it? Sorry Randy, it's gotta go.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I was browsing Ebay. Here's another person who's totally out of touch with reality in their pricing of a signed guitar:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=270949891743

Yes, those are rare, but they relic job is atrocious and I've seen 3 or 4 sell on Ebay in the last 3 years or so. They go for around $1,200. A die-hard GL fan might pay $50 to $100 for the sig. Maybe.

Comment

The PC1 already comes with Phil's sig on the front of the headstock. Why would you want him to sign it again?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              There is one important exception when it comes to the Phil Collen guitars. As many Ibanez JEM collectors know, Vai sometimes added doodles to the back of the LNG's in addition to his sig. However, not many people realize that Phil did the same thing on occasion! Those are quite rare and trade for a PREMIUM on the used guitar market (well north of $6K).

That is awesome. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Sandman View Post
                I don`t have anything to do with the classifieds in here for obvious reasons.
                What are your obvious reasons for avoiding the classifieds? I guess they're not so obvious to me.....

on the OT, maybe the PC1 would be worth $6k if it was in a display case with a magazine clipping of Phil playing a different guitar in concert? Maybe throw in an old DefLep LP cover to help fill up the frame?

check it out - here's a shitty Chinese strat signed by Van Halen. Only $8k! That's almost guaranteed to appreciate!

http://www.grandstandsports.com/gsm/item_49009_1.asp

How about this one signed by Michael Jackson for $9k? We all know what a reknowned Squier player he was. It's the collectible that no TRUE Jackson fan can afford to be without. Don't let your friends find out you don't have one yet.
                http://www.grandstandsports.com/pages/44853.htm
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                X