Test post from galaxy SII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test post from galaxy SII

So my beloved laptop went brain dead last week. So instead of buying a new laptop, I bought a phone that has all the power of my netbook, but in the palm of my hand. We still have one good laptop, so I figured I'd buy a fancy ass phone and do the important stuff with the laptop and general surfing with the phone.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

I have one of those as well.....love it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
      I have one of those as well.....love it!!!
      So far, I havent found any reason to hate it. 1.2Ghz(or 1.5, depends on what site you look on) dual core processor, 1Gb of RAM, 16Gb internal storage, man its loaded for a phone. My little Acer netbook has two 1.6Ghz single core processors and 1Gb of RAM. For all practical purposes, its a full function computer that I carry in my pocket. This particular model will run on the HSPA+ network, but so far, Ive found that to only be marginally faster than 3G.

My one and only complaint so far is its hard to hold onto when typing because its soooo thin. Ill be getting an Otterbox for it soon, so that will help.

Comment

Yeah I found it a bit too thin as well..but I got a Samsung case for it and that sorted out that wee problem...I've had mine for just under a year. And can't find anything to moan about..you're gonna love it!

Comment

Ive been looking at those as well. I really dont have many complaints about my mytouch 4g that Ive had a year but that sII is sweet. My daughters bf got one and when I saw it in person I really liked the screen. Been looking on ebay for a bargain but havent found one yet.

Comment

Well, I used my new laptop budget to buy mine straight out. My god, it wasnt a cheap phone. Not only is it basically a tiny computer, it cost as much. The lady at the sales counter looked like she was about to shit a brick over my buying it at the no contract price. I just looked at it as buying a small computer I can make phone calls on.

Comment

I finally bit the bullet and entered the smartphone fold a few weeks back with the SII Skyrocket. It seems alright, except the battery life...thing last's a day a most!
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Ive had good luck so far with battery life on smart phones. However, the wife had a Backflip for a short period of time. We shit canned it(threw it in a drawer never to be used again, sold it about a week ago) because of the piss poor battery life. My key to good battery life on these app crazy devices is get a good task manager and develop a bit of OCD(already had it ) and check the task manager after every exit from any app. I just left my Nokia E71 to go this route. Nothing has beat that phone so far, but time will tell. Ive got high hopes for the GS2. I will inevitably end up rooting the S2 because ATT has an app that redirects all requests to their home page when using hotspot or tether. You cant get rid of the app without SU permissions. My E71 allowed tether without an extra fee and has come in handy many a time because Comcast blows. My E71 also had fully integrated GPS navigation, meaning I could get turn by turn directions even if I didnt have a SIM card in it. The GS2 has ATT Navigator, but its a fee based thing too. Currently downloading the software to have free GPS nav from the Android market(500Mb, yikes).

Comment

I deleted many apps it came with, but haven't downloaded a manager yet. I'm the only one I know with an Android, rest of em are hippy-loving iphone freaks, wife included, so I'm slowly learning what I can on my own. I'm just glad I don't have to text with a freakin number pad anymore!
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Well, I rooted it. I originally installed Titanium Backup, but after I found the NetQin will do things Titanium wants money to be able to do, I shit canned Titanium. I had NetQin on my E71, so Im more used to it anyhow. I got rid of a bunch of the crap, autorun ATT apps that did nothing but waste RAM. ATT has some of the dumbest crap set to autorun and auto reopen. I also got rid of tether manager, so I can use the tether freely again like I did on my E71. This phone is really shaping up to be a 100% winner, with the little bit of work Ive done to it. I cant believe how much the carriers kill these phones by adding all the nonsense and blocking key features of the OS. Hence why rooting them is so popular.

Comment

Galaxy SII is a sweet phone. I would have bought one but I'm currently locked into a plan. I think I'll pay the ETF and get a Samsung Note though.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have a free trackphone from SafeLink...Obama gave it to me. You can text on it too!!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                        X