3d printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d printing

how long before we see 3d printed guitar stuff? I can’t see printing a grain into plastic right now but it’s going to happen so i imagine a fake wood that sounds as you want it to sound?
    no sig.....

Im waiting for something way better, a working air guitar with full MIDI...............

Comment

This could be really cool, plek'ing would be a thing of the past and fret work could be 100% quality all the time. let's see where they get with this!!! I saw a company that makes leg coverings for prosthetic s the other day. The cool thing is they can model it off of the actual end user to match their leg.

I'm under the impression that there's still a lot of limits on what base materials can be used. BUT, this is some pretty cool stuff!!
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Since the material needs to be quite fluid at reasonable temperatures and needs to dry fast to make the process of 3D printing possible, we're still quite limited with regard to choice of materials.
        And I doubt todays print materials could stand the ~600+ N tension a neck has got to take.
        It's an awesome technology, but I don't see printed guitars in the near future.
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Alright, looks like I was wrong once again.
          http://www.odd.org.nz/
          Not exactly what I had in mind thinking of a 3D printed guitar, but the body is printed at least. Close enough.
          They even did a pink one for budman.
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Somehow, I dont think its gonna sustain for days.

HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
            X