Van Halen Detroit concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Halen Detroit concert

Eddie was smoking the strings off for sure. He played a few axes and even Sat down on the stage during his solo. Dave was better than I expected, Wolfgang was decent and Alex was well Alex. Glad to see at least 3 of the original 4 rockin

Cool story, bro. I'd like to go, but ain't gonna pay the ticket prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
      Cool story, bro. I'd like to go, but ain't gonna pay the ticket prices.
      Exactly my situation. I checked for tickets when they first came out for MSG. $300 for 2 nosebleed seats practically behind the stage. Not happenin. Last tour we were 2nd section from the top and at least somewhat in front of the stage and those were like $200. I thought the economy was bad?

Comment

Eddie is smoking strings now?? Back to rehab..I guess.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Man, In '90, I paid a scalper 60 bucks to see VH ..front and center. Some new band named Alice In..sumthin' opened. I thought THAT was alot of money..

WTF Happened???!!! I blame Bush sr, Bush jr, First lady Lewinsky, and Obama and his hootchie Momma! These are Facts..NWO..meaning ..NO Wonder Our...shitz F'd up!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I paid about $50 to see Van Halen, Scorpions, Dokken, Metallica and Kingdom Come at the Seattle Kingdome. I was really only there for Dokken and Metallica.

My first concert, Judas Priest (Screaming for Vengeance tour) and Coney Hatch was $13. I remember it well because I had to save up paper route money to pay for it!
            Last edited by Hellbat; 02-21-2012, 01:09 AM.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              Man, In '90, I paid a scalper 60 bucks to see VH ..front and center. Some new band named Alice In..sumthin' opened. I thought THAT was alot of money..

WTF Happened???!!! I blame Bush sr, Bush jr, First lady Lewinsky, and Obama and his hootchie Momma! These are Facts..NWO..meaning ..NO Wonder Our...shitz F'd up!
              You're paying for big production sets with camera crews so the people with shit seats can actually see something as well as well-padded profits.

The shit that pisses me off with concerts now is meet-and-greets; the fucking bands used to just show up at a local music store before/after a show and sign autographs and shit, but now they charge you out the ass for it.

Comment

Well, I got my Indianapolis tickets for free. Wife won them on a radio phone in, bonus! First time seeing VH as well, I always shunned them back in the day in favour of heavier bands.

Comment

I paid $11.50 to see Van Halen II at The Paladium in NYC. 11th row. My ears were bleeding for a week afterwards.

Comment

I think I got you all beat. I got VIP seats for VH at the Califfornia World Music Festival in 1979 as guests of Eddie & Alex. Got a limo ride to the Coliseum, too!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      I think I got you all beat. I got VIP seats for VH at the Califfornia World Music Festival in 1979 as guests of Eddie & Alex. Got a limo ride to the Coliseum, too!
                      Show off.

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Yeah the tickets don't come cheap. I'm going to the Toronto show. Looking forward to it.

Really....its only money...
                        -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Did they share their giant jar of brown M&M's with you?
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            I paid about $50 to see Van Halen, Scorpions, Dokken, Metallica and Kingdom Come at the Seattle Kingdome. I was really only there for Dokken and Metallica.

My first concert, Judas Priest (Screaming for Vengeance tour) and Coney Hatch was $13. I remember it well because I had to save up paper route money to pay for it!
                            i saw that (monsters of rock) in dallas.. our tickets were 38$ i believe, and we drove down from des moines and stayed with my friends brother. Outside concert at the cotton bowl stadium, and it was prob 120 degrees on the field. Sammys voice went out and he promised to come back and do a free show- which they did in downtown dallas the next year, surprisingly.
                            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Well last night show was excellent.

Comment

Working...
                              X