Grammar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A possessive MBA?
    Yes, that would the MBA's forte...being possessive.

But if more than one MBA was being such, that would be many MBAs.

See?
    Simple.

Comment

I will sale it you for $50...arrrrg

Comment

As a freshman at Princeton, I became lost on the campus and couldn't find the library. I stopped a guy and asked, "Where is the library at?" To which I got a look of disdain, and the reply, "My good man, here at Princeton University we do not end our sentences with a preposition. Please, try again in proper english!" My response (being a true redneck from WV) was, "Excuse me, could you tell me where the library is at, asshole?"
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

lol, good catch Joe. I don't proof read my own stuff
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I just read on a blog "pear down" instead of "pare down" and found myself duly enraged.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

As mentioned....mixing up "loose" with "lose" sends me into
              grammatical road rage.
              I just want to pop the fugger off just to (hopefully) save someone else the aggravation.

I find it beautiful to read the English language in the style used in 1700's Colonial
              writings such as "The Federalist".
              Such command of the language paints pictures in the mind!
              That book is a good example as it does not commit itself to legal standards.
              The collection of letters is aimed at the public, so is a little "watered down".

Just read American classics such as Twain (abusive, but instructive), Poe, or Hemingway.
              Last edited by Cygnus X1; 02-22-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X