Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't log onto the JCF from home!! Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't log onto the JCF from home!! Help!!!

I can get to this website from work but when I get home I can't log on. It says website not found. I have 2 laptops and a desktop at home and none of them can find the JCF website. I tried clearing the cookies and cache and rebooting my wireless router. I even tried hardlining into the router.

Any help is appreciated!

Can you get anywhere else? ie yahoo, google etc What browser, any, all?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Forum has been acting funny. Not loading all the options and whatnot.-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

The only issues Ive been having are trying to reply without first quoting while here on the phone.

Comment

I tried through Yahoo, Bing, Google and standard Internet Explorer. The only thing I get with Google is the option to view a text only version of a cached JCF web page. When I click on it it doesn't load and instead I get website not found or I get a broken link message.

Comment

I assume you have Cablevision. I was having the same problem. If you ping jcfonline.com it doesn't even resolve the name, so it looks like a DNS issue on their end. You can set your machine or router to use Google's DNS if you want (that's what I did). Google's public DNS servers are 8.8.8.8 for primary and 8.8.4.4 for secondary. Otherwise, call Cablevision and complain. I bet you can't get to www.robbincrosby.net either.

Comment

I just had this same problem last week. I have cablevision (optonline) on Long Island. I could not connect to the JCF from my home from any device. My son had 2 friends try from their homes and they couldnt connect either. My work is about 2 miles away and could not connect there either. I could not connect using the optimum wifi either. But if I connected through my cellphone I had no problem using their 4g network. So I had a customer from work try to connect. He lived a mile away from my work. No good for him either. Others who had dsl had no problem. I thought maybe my IP got banned or something. I contacted Toejam and he said I was all good on his end. So, I called cablevision. He was able to connect from his office, a good 15 miles from me. He had no explanation other than they were doing work in my area, blah, blah, blah. He said to give it a few days. And a few days later I suddenly connected no problem. It was odd that this site was the only one affected. Its all good now. At least I know that I wasnt just going crazy. Call your cable company and complain. Tell them that others have had the same problem. Oh, and yes, it was a DNS error that I got too. I think the guy knew about this issue as the first and only thing he did to try to resolve the problem was to set my dns setting to some static settings but it did not work. Good luck.
              Last edited by Carbuff; 02-06-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                I just had this same problem last week. I have cablevision (optonline) on Long Island. I could not connect to the JCF from my home from any device. My son had 2 friends try from their homes and they couldnt connect either. My work is about 2 miles away and could not connect there either. I could not connect using the optimum wifi either. But if I connected through my cellphone I had no problem using their 4g network. So I had a customer from work try to connect. He lived a mile away from my work. No good for him either. Others who had dsl had no problem. I thought maybe my IP got banned or something. I contacted Toejam and he said I was all good on his end. So, I called cablevision. He was able to connect from his office, a good 15 miles from me. He had no explanation other than they were doing work in my area, blah, blah, blah. He said to give it a few days. And a few days later I suddenly connected no problem. It was odd that this site was the only one affected. Its all good now. At least I know that I wasnt just going crazy. Call your cable company and complain. Tell them that others have had the same problem. Oh, and yes, it was a DNS error that I got too. I think the guy knew about this issue as the first and only thing he did to try to resolve the problem was to set my dns setting to some static settings but it did not work. Good luck.
                Its weird that the only site I am having a problem with is the JCF. Nothing else is affected. I will call the cable company and spend 3 or 4 hours on hold tonight and see what happens. I can't survive without my JCF.

Comment

For the time being, you could get there through a proxy maybe.

Comment

can add the entry statically to your hosts file
                    64.37.122.50 jcfonline.com

Comment

Originally posted by Codex View Post
                      can add the entry statically to your hosts file
                      64.37.122.50 jcfonline.com
                      Hell, throw that in the address bar and book mark it.

Comment

yeah i had that same problem for about a week. cablevision long island too....fixed it friday.

Comment

It was a cablevision issue. All better now. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                          X