Holy crap i had an encounter today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crap i had an encounter today

So, i find an ibanez js100 on craigslist today. Looks GREAT in the pics, and the price is right at 450. I go meet the guy 20 miles away because he wont travel more than 5 miles (loser) and open up the case. hoooooolllly dogshit was this thing rough. beat to hell, knicked, warped, filthy, some flat black sprayed stripes and covered with death metal band stickers. on a joe satriani guitar. so i politely say im sorry i wasted your time and the guy starts totally insulting me. yea i bet you play cheap ass samicks and wouldnt know a real guitar. this thing cost 2 thousand new. blah blah. more like 800 but ok dude. so the guy makes this massive scene and at which point im getting really mad and about to ahem- "defend myself" when the cops show up. they question me and i tell them whats going on and then he looks me dead in the eye and says this is the third time this year already weve dealt with this guy. hes been in and out of the mental hospital all his adult life. be careful on craigslist. and i just asked the cop, man have you seen that guitar? he laughed and said yea, who the hell does that to a satriani? even if it is a lower end model. man what a fuck up. beware of craigslist guys and gals.
    Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Those kind of stories make me appreciate the anonymity of Ebay and also makes their fees not so hard to swallow.

BTW, where did you meet him at?

Comment

i met him at taco bell on alcoa highway. i definitely hear ya on the ebay thing man. thank God it didnt turn out worse
      Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Too funny! I haven't had any drama with Craigslist. Matter of fact, I agreed to trade a RG370DX for a guys Epi Les Paul Standard Plus Top. I get to his place at the door, no answer, he calls and says he is about 15 minutes out picking up some pizza. He gets there and waltzes right thru the UNLOCKED door and there are 20+ guitars in this guys apartment setting all over the place as well as a couple Fender & Marshall amps. Had I checked the door, I could have cleaned him out and ran....but KARMA is a bitch! There was some nice ass ESP/Ibanez's I would have LOVED but....LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonkellyfreak View Post
          i met him at taco bell on alcoa highway. i definitely hear ya on the ebay thing man. thank God it didnt turn out worse
          Wow. So you're in Seymour? I have family there and I'm in Knoxville.

But why didn't you buy my Ibanez instead of calling the cops?

Kidding.

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I'll let you in on a little secret that comes in handy for times like those

"Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I don't have one of those, so would this work?

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                Wow. So you're in Seymour? I have family there and I'm in Knoxville.

But why didn't you buy my Ibanez instead of calling the cops?

Kidding.

dude have you ever been to the mountain top guitar shop guy up here? he mainly has lower end guitars for beginners, but i gotta tell ya hes the MASTER at killer setups. and dont scare me like that lol

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                  I'll let you in on a little secret that comes in handy for times like those

dude im in tn. i carry a sawed off 12 gauge. just forgot it this time

Comment

Is TN a castle state too?
                    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

TN has a stand your ground law. no matter where it takes place, whether your home, your car or in walmart, if you get a weapon drawn or someone threatens you and you believe they will kill you, then it is your right to kill or incapacitate them. back in 04 somebody came in my house, and well, lets just say he left in a bag, but anyway, i told the cop that i felt like i had no other option, and he said it didnt matter, they were in your house. legal right to defend by all means necessary. and he explained the whole stand your ground law. do i ever think about it? yea, but do i feel bad? no. i have no remorse. had he gone to prison then he would have learned not to get caught. one less piece of shit if you ask me. it doesnt bother me, and i would do it again without hesitation. now as far as someone innocent is concerned, i would never hurt an innocent person. unless they piss me off, but even then im not gonna shoot em lol. maybe just rough em up a lil bit.

Comment

Same here in SC. Prison only institutionalizes criminals anyway.

Comment

Here in Texas people get robbed all the time through Craigslist ads set up by criminals. The local news is always telling people to never go to another person's home, don't tell them where you live, and always meet in a public well-lit place.

Even the ho's do the robbing. The prostitutes and "one-night stands" tend to have their boyfriends waiting in another room to jump and rob the victim, which has made the local news on more than a few occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                            Even the ho's do the robbing. The prostitutes and "one-night stands" tend to have their boyfriends waiting in another room to jump and rob the victim, which has made the local news on more than a few occasions.
                            Can't hate em, that sounds genius.

Comment

Best place to meet to make a craiglist deal is the police station. If they won't show up to do the deal there, then you know it's shady.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X