So I sold a guitar on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I sold a guitar on eBay

Sold a guitar on eBay. Found out from new owner, previous owner repaired the neck. Mitigated a partial refund. Felt like I was in a real pickle, as I wasn't trying to misrepresent the goods, but at the same time it went undetected by me. This eBay member informs me that they will accept a partial refund, as they buy and sell guitars.

They said that they expected to get 750 for it, but with the repair (even though they themselves said it was excellent) they would get 400.

So I get on eBay and look around after this person (who paid me 500, got free shipping, and got 200 back from me so they paid 300)...they had it at 700 bucks.

I don't care about someone making a shit load of money on an item I sell them. More power to them. My problem is how they played the woe is me, I won't make any bucks, blah blah blah...I'll have to disclose it has a repair, blah blah blah....

GUESS WHAT THEIR EBAY LISTING HAD NO MENTION OF??? THE FUCKING REPAIR!

Should I post a link to the guitar, post a serial number for it stating that it was repaired and hopefully a buyer won't get the surprise that this buyer and myself got? Or do I say fuck it, and just not care?

Faggedaboudit, he's going to do what he's going to do. The guy who really screwed you was the guy who sold it to you.

Comment

I would have never given a refund I would have told them to ship it back to me and call them on their bullshit. They scammed you.

Comment

I would message them and ask where the disclosure of the repair is within the listing and also why they now feel they can get $700 instead of $400 out of it. They probably will ignore you, but I'd still do it. Beyond that, let it go. Anything else would end up being a waste of time.

I haven't had to deal with the partial refund thing as a buyer or seller on Ebay in a long time. But this is food for thought. I probably wouldn't ask for or give more than $50 back. Anything more than that and it's probably best for both parties if the item is returned.

Comment

BTW, do you mind sharing links for both your and their ads?

Comment

Some people are so fond of bad luck they run half way to meet it. Douglas William Jerrold
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That sucks. Did the buyer show you proof that the neck was truely repaired? It would be great if someone bought it from them and gave them a taste of their own medicine.

This wasn't carrguitar was it?

Comment

Working...
              X