Broken finger, damn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
    That's what you get for playing chicken with a car.

I kid, I kid.

Get well to all of you.

I'm currently dealing with chemical burns on both hands. Skin will split and bleed or just plain tear off if I slide my hands across the guitar. String bends.... not happening anytime soon.
    Word to the wise boys and girls... if the bottle of "whatever you're using to remove something from another object" says wear gloves... they mean it.
    Over a year ago I was removing wallpaper from my girls room and the shit wouldn't come off. I buy this killer blue shit and try it on a small area. Didn't think much of it as I was putting it on, but I did start to feel burning. I washed my hands pretty quick, but it was too late.
    It acted as a de-fattening agent and sucked all the moisture right out of my skin. It was paper thin and bleeding.
    Year and half later and it's about 50% healed. Have good weeks and bad. The bad weeks are crazy as my fingers are covered in liquid skin bandages. (Their current condition)
    But I can still chug out a rhythm if I don't get too crazy.

hay-zeus christo RJ, i'm sorry about that. sounds very very painful to me. fuck.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Damn, don't read this thread while eating!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yea atomic it took me a week to start sleeping laying down i was sleeping in a chair for a week really painful. i went to the hospital yesterday and im starting physio in a week or two
        "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

you're a lucky man then, and healing up quicker than i am, i haven't slept on my stomach since the accident and that is how i sleep, completely
          sprawled across the bed and i'm a manic sleeper as it is, this has sucked balls to say the least but i am definitely better than 4 weeks ago.
          time sometimes goes backwards at night. madness in strong form.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Back in the late 80's I was working on a riding mower that had some transmission issues. This one was a front engine, trans with shifter between the riders legs just in front of the seat. Had it up on blocks working on it with the engine running. Yes, I know, but it was necessary to check gear engagement. Well, as you probably expected, it slipped some and before I knew what happened, the middle finger on my left hand was pinched between the sprocket, attached to the shaft that comes out of the side of the trans, and it's chain. The points of the sprocket punched a series of holes around my finger resulting in a broken finger with nothing but a small piece of flesh holding it on. Luckily the docs were able to reattach it but unfortunately it happened the week before we were heading to the beach for vacation. Still went but it was nowhere near as enjoyable as it would've been. Anyway, it healed up ok, retained function but lost alot of feeling in the left hand from nerve damage. Makes playing "interesting" at times but is definitely handicap. Hope yours was a clean break and doesn't result in any permanent damage.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

its chain
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                its chain
                Got me!
                In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Broke my right hand once doing martial arts. That's it. Unfortunately, I have carpal tunnel in both hands now.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                  X