No announcement yet.

Guitar Swing Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appropriate that all those bands sucked!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

can't find it on youtube, but in the David Lee Roth video for the Sinatra cover of That's Life, Steve Vai fails at a guitar spin too.
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

What's the collective term for a gathering of Bell Ends?
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
          Steve Vai fails at a guitar spin too.
          Yes, I guess everyone who tries it fails once in a while, here's Alexi Laiho:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fBpqnytNO8
          But it seemed to work better back in the day he still used Jacksons.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o85afymOoE
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Damn, micha, I was going to post one by Laiho as well, although a different one.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
              Doing that is just a stupid, cocky, jackass move anyhow. Strap locks or not, you deserve to break a guitar doing that. Theres no need for it. You wanna impress the crowd, just play the fucking thing, and if youre playing isnt enough to impress the crowd, go back to school or dont expect to impress the crowd. Dont understand why people think they need a gimmick to entertain, if you NEED a gimmick to entertain, then your routine just sucks to begin with. Fix the problem, dont cover it up with ignorant crap.

I love how the guy looked like he was about to cry, what did he expect?
              +1000
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I did that once back in the '80s after seeing Yngwie and the guy from Cinderella do it. It didn't fail me, because I had a DiMarzio Cliplock strap!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ever see the footage of Juan Croucier from Ratt doing this with his bass? Came flying off, went up into the air and over the drum kit.

Comment

I did it once with my Warrior. The upper pointy horn violated my asshole on the way around. I have had to shit leaning to one side ever since. - Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I've been playing 18 years and can honestly say I've never tried that one single time. I did think about it once. Once. But didn't follow through.

Comment

epic
                        -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          I did that once back in the '80s after seeing Yngwie and the guy from Cinderella do it. It didn't fail me, because I had a DiMarzio Cliplock strap!
                          I am guilty of trying that as well back in '86. I had strap locks, that wasn't the problem. The miscalculation of the ceiling height however was the the problem. Stuck that strat right through the drywall. I was just brilliant! Damn it was fun to be 15.
                          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                            I did it once with my Warrior. The upper pointy horn violated my asshole on the way around. I have had to shit leaning to one side ever since. - Lou
                            Now, who else do I know that "uses" a Warrior? Oh yeah...
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                              I am guilty of trying that as well back in '86. I had strap locks, that wasn't the problem. The miscalculation of the ceiling height however was the the problem. Stuck that strat right through the drywall. I was just brilliant! Damn it was fun to be 15.
                              LOL I did it in my high school gym class after someone asked me to. I figured why not, there's plenty of room!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ROFL. Showing off usually ends up making you look bad IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X