Went Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went Linux

Finally got fed up with 7 after an update screwed my wireless, and it just gets slower and slower on boot with every set of updates. Had to do a system restore. Having fun with Ubuntu so far, and aside from maybe 3 programs(MS specific), it has everything I need. I went with the 10.04 LTS, and Ive customized it to look similar Mac OSX with some 7 elements.

Last edited by Twitch; 01-21-2012, 02:37 AM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Key for successful windows operation is turning off updates.
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

I did, it was only supposed to notify me, but it forced them on the shut down anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
        I did, it was only supposed to notify me, but it forced them on the shut down anyhow.
        Come on bro that's not an excuse... Windows 7 is awesome... it's like a Hybrid XP-Vista OS... I've had nothing but a great experience with Windows 7... I have been building my own PC's and others since around 2000... so in this case unlike dating Jackson guitars I have some experience.

Not really related but almost fits this discussion... plus I think it's funny so will use here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	the-chive-randoms-29.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	2445887
        sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

I use Apples. I don't, however, think I'm better than anybody else.

My computer is though
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Cool, I'm working with Ubuntu 10 at work on a project. Version 11 is out, I'm surprised you didn't go for that. I have to run the older version.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                Cool, I'm working with Ubuntu 10 at work on a project. Version 11 is out, I'm surprised you didn't go for that. I have to run the older version.
                Oh, you work on those little baby computers

Twitch,

Grow up and get yourself a man sized computer! Get some IBM Iron, a good AS/400/iSeries/Power 7 or something, like what I work on.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Oh, you work on those little baby computers

Twitch,

Grow up and get yourself a man sized computer! Get some IBM Iron, a good AS/400/iSeries/Power 7 or something, like what I work on.
                  AS/400's eh? I'm all about vintage Jacksons, but you can keep your 25-year-old computer architectures!

Comment

Jesus! Quit the band, switch to linux. Next thing you'll stop shaving your balls and move to a commune in Iowa. Sounds like a midlife crisis to me.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                        Come on bro that's not an excuse... Windows 7 is awesome... it's like a Hybrid XP-Vista OS... I've had nothing but a great experience with Windows 7
                        When its up and running, its the tits, its the getting there thats the primary issue. Ill admit theres a little bit of boredom involved too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          Jesus! Quit the band, switch to linux. Next thing you'll stop shaving your balls and move to a commune in Iowa. Sounds like a midlife crisis to me.
                          Ive always had Linux on at least one computer in the house(got a few), Im just thinking if all goes well, I may just switch entirely. Id really like to have a Mac, but dont have the money. Its either Mac or gear. I dont want one that bad.

On another note, Im 27, not quite that time yet.
                          Last edited by Twitch; 01-21-2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            The LTSs seem to be a bit more reliable. I think Ill switch after april when the 12.? becomes the next LTS. I do like what Ive seen of the 11.?s, but just waiting for the next LTS.

Comment

WinE installed, 1 Windows program running successfully in Ubuntu! Two or 3 to go. Line6 Spidervalve editor in the Linux house.

EDIT: 4/4 Pending connectivity of devices they need to interact with and a copy of the Short Board MKII Driver file.
                              Last edited by Twitch; 01-21-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X