Van Hallen Unplugged-Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Hallen Unplugged-Thoughts

Hope this link works. I kinda Liked it,even though Dave seemed like a squirel on way to much Coffee!

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/--223429483
    According To The Prophecy

Van Fucking Halen playing grandpas guitars!!!
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

i think i prefer sammy... at least his voice.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
        i think i prefer sammy... at least his voice.
        For serious? Or just trolling? I could see it going either way honestly.

I love Sammy myself. DLR could never top Sammy in Montrose.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I fucking hate ANY unplugged show. Fucking rock bands werent put on this planet to play weak ass folk music. I mean really. I dont know who's idea this unplugged BS was, but its dumb. Rock means Rock. not folk, not country, not blue grass. ROCK! dammit.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Alice in Chains unplugged was awesome.
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I could never get into a VH unplugged, what's next, WASP unplugged with Blackie throwing freshly sliced $9.99/lb deli meat on the audience?

I wish somebody would unplug Bieber.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                I could never get into a VH unplugged, what's next, WASP unplugged with Blackie throwing freshly sliced $9.99/lb deli meat on the audience?

This video was definitely proof that Dave has just lost it. His shtick went way overboard around Skyscraper (telling Steve Vai to "think cold" while writing his leads? Oy...) and his voice went out the door. I give him credit for working with a vocal coach last tour, but...man, the old days are gone forever.

I'll buy the new album, but I'll put it this way: Last time I bought tickets as soon as they went on sale. I was in Philly on the third night of the tour. This time I forgot until Sunday night that tickets were on sale, I checked and saw nothing available and shrugged then went back to watching Breaking Bad.

Comment

Dave sounds like shit.
                  -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    Dave sounds like shit.
                    he usually does live.....
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Bon Jovi did it first I think so I'm pointing fingers at them

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                      I fucking hate ANY unplugged show. Fucking rock bands werent put on this planet to play weak ass folk music. I mean really. I dont know who's idea this unplugged BS was, but its dumb. Rock means Rock. not folk, not country, not blue grass. ROCK! dammit.
                      According To The Prophecy

Comment

"Not available in your country"
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Well I don't know about all of the above mentioned stuff, but they sure look like they are having a blast! Or they are incredible actors. I've always been quite critical of Eddies acoustic playing, and he still looks pretty uncomfortable, but I think he sounded pretty good. Of course he tried pulling stuff off in a way you just can't do with those techniques but still I liked it.
                          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

You can see they are enjoying themselves BUT VH unplugged isn't good regardless who is at the mic.
                            Not sure exactly why that is for me but VH unplugged just doesn't work for me.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Van Halen "Unplugged"...pull the fuggin' plug!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X