Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been paying particular attention to the weather this winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/i...s/codealt.html

† Black Sabbath †
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Well there we go. Everythings as it should be. Half an inch of solid ice on everything, no deicer. Hallelujah, holy shit.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
        Hallelujah, holy shit.
        Clark!!!
        sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

So I broke out the 50' extension cord(grounded and in pristine condition) and the hair dryer(on ground fault outlet) and knocked that ice right out, with a little help of the ice scraper. Went to the store, bought deicer. It will now not ice over again for the rest of the season.

Comment

At least you have ice. Here in Texas I am in my frickin shorts with the air running.

We really didn't get winter this year as trees are now getting their spring leaves 2 months early.

And winter is my favorite season, too.

Comment

Ha, here in GA we had some tornados today. The wifey and I went to check out a new flea market(read- kill time), when walking out it was nightime dark at maybe 1 pm. The rain was coming in sideways and the warning sirens were ringing loud.... it was also shorts warm out! Certainly a mixed blessing...
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
                From the proposed IPCC caveat that I was voting on:
                "GHG quantification is subject to uncertainty because of such things as emission factors that are used by mathematical models tocalculate emissions and the inability of those models to precisely characterize under all circumstances the relationships between various inputs and the resultant emissions because of incomplete scientific knowledge."

Funny, didnt see you there voting. There were only 600 people from around the world in attendance, I would have thought that the guy with all the answers and complete scientific knowledge would have been there to correct everyone else. Perfect example of how the IPCC allows people to run with misinformation and misquote them because it benefits them if everyone thinks the world is coming to an end. If you want to blow trillions of dollars on what amounts to guesswork, then you need to stay away from the cash drawer and review scientific method. Science isnt guessing unless you are one of those Loop Quantum Gravity freaks. Discussion ended............
                Why swim in the grey zone, say your thoughts out clearly.
                I'm not sure what point are you are drying to make. That people do not have much effect on the environment?
                Your posted quote shows how certain methods offer incomplete knowledge.
                I found the quote from a document exclusively on Tiffany & Co. website, on their website they also write about improving their environmental performance, show graphics of their reduction of GHS etc. So why they are doing this? To loose profit? Can we expect to see a film called "Bankruptcy at Tiffany's" starring the ghosts of Audrey Hepburn and of course George Peppard who at the end laughs and says "I love it when the plan comes together"?

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                Wow, really Endy??? here's the bus....

and here's you

I'm not even gonna get started on the vaccine issue. Look up chemical adjuvants, squalene and thiomersal. Cheers
                Look up silicone... in Jenny McCarthy's breasts.... and brain

http://jennymccarthybodycount.com/Je...ount/Home.html

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                Dude, I can show you a dozen studies that show tobacco isn't harmful. If you get enough money backing anything, you can create truth and sustain it for a while. Big tobacco did it. All the alcohol companies did as well. Pharmaceutical companies, chemical companies, etc... Just look at how many morons believe in Nibiru coming to collide with the Earth and it's the end of everything. People believe ANYTHING.

Seriously, go get in your faggoty Prius and talk on your iphone wearing your North Face jacket thinking you're doing something special... because, princess, your carbon footprint is probably bigger than the majority of the human population and all you do is talk shit from behind a computer screen with everything that you live and do helping to pollute the planet. Believe what you want to believe because you get some knee-jerk feelgood thrill for being some online environmentalist.

Anyway, you're a fucking idiot with typical spoon fed thoughts. It's great to be different when you're all the same. Fake and guillible and worshiping your godless religion because without faith in your beliefs, it's all baseless speculation.
                That's very offensive, I'm too cool to be seen with a north face jacket in the public.

Some of you cocksmokers need to read more carefully, I haven't been an environmentalist at all in this thread period. My problem is with non-scientists arguing with scientists over a scientific issue and lacking knowledge to be taken seriously.

Scientific consensus becomes baseless speculation. Cute!

Spoon fed? Let me address you with the same criteria... are you a plant from Exxon? Or just a little bitch?
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  That's very offensive, I'm too cool to be seen with a north face jacket in the public.

Some of you cocksmokers need to read more carefully, I haven't been an environmentalist at all in this thread period. My problem is with non-scientists arguing with scientists over a scientific issue and lacking knowledge to be taken seriously.

Scientific consensus becomes baseless speculation. Cute!

Spoon fed? Let me address you with the same criteria... are you a plant from Exxon? Or just a little bitch?

Dude, you're a fucking imbecile. I feel sorry for how ignorant and blinded you are. I'm not arguing with scientists, I'm scolding a stupid and raging idiot. You.

"Scientific consensus". LOL. Like the Earth being the center of the universe? How about the coming Ice Age? Alchemy. Eggs are bad. The Big Bang. The Big Crunch. Sub-atomic particles. Quantum physics. Genetic memory. Evolution and natural selection... that's off the top of my head. Want me to continue?

"Scientific consensus" is a fucking philosophy. It's a belief based off an unproven but generally accepted theory. Often it is wrong.

You don't even have a clue what you're talking about. Nice regurgitation of someone else's mantra. Seriously, you don't even realize how stupid you sound...

"I red wut a tousand sceintists say'd so dey must be rite". Good Job.

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  I do think we're doing serious damage polluting our environment and we may in fact have the potential (sans nuclear war or other natural extinction level event) to make this planet uninhabitable for humanity. However, we're not even close to being able to determine what effect we could actually have that could in any way affect or override the cosmic forces that are more directly responsible for any climate changes in the last billion years or so, of which we have no idea how our little sample reference data can compare to for any semblance of legitimate and objective discovery.

We don't even have the technology to model the brain of a rat in real time, but these people think they can accurately model a billion years of our solar system's climate and get it right. Not even to mention that they say a deviation of +/- 1/10th of a degree per year can be measured above and beyond any margin for error? Please. It's all bullshit at this point.

It's a nice urban legend you can believe in and make yourself feel better because you're aware and doing something about it when in fact, without a whole lot of make believe fairy princess faith, the whole premise has merit but lacks any real credible evidence. And don't get me started on the whole "ice caps are melting", "ozone is disappearing", "bees are dying" bullshit either.

The climate changes. Period. It has before we existed, it will long after we're gone. Species evolve and they also go extinct. We're just on a ride around a circle and have no say about it.
                  Last edited by xenophobe; 01-23-2012, 05:51 AM.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Ok you two. Back to your corners. If you're going to have at it like this, let's at least sell tickets, maybe do a PPV...
                    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
                      Ok you two. Back to your corners. If you're going to have at it like this, let's at least sell tickets, maybe do a PPV...
                      Sorry, if someone is going to rant like a childish idiot at me, I'm going to scold them like one.

Comment

• I understand that, to an extent, and I'm not saying who's right and who's wrong here since that's not my place to do anyway, but if someone is acting childish, that doesn't mean you should bring yourself down to their level.
                        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

• I am not above sinking down to someone else's level.

And, two other "Scientific Consensus" points that I totally forgot to mention: Flat Earth. And, wait for it... Global Warming, this very topic. It's not global warming anymore, it's Global Climate Change because many "scientists" aren't sure if we're heading into a heating or cooling cycle with people predicting that we're possibly moving onto a mini-ice age, as was predicted in the 70's and accepted as "scientific consensus" and was later disregarded and is now coming back into popular belief. Just like Eggs. Oh they're bad for you, no they're good for you... no they're definitely bad for you. But now they're good.

Serious facepalm indeed....

Comment

• It gives me a migraine headache, thinkin down to your level.

Comment

• sigpic
                              Action Jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                                It gives me a migraine headache, thinkin down to your level.
                                Yeah, some people do have serious medical issues when it comes to comprehending common sense. You should have that looked at.

Comment

Working...
                                X