Help please, movie buffs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please, movie buffs...

OK, I'm picturing the scene from a movie, and I need to track it down ASAP.

Several (perhaps 3) combat helicopters appear over the horizon, perhaps in front of a rising or setting sun, and fly towards the camera. Slow motion?

I'm thinking it's "Apocalypse Now", or perhaps "Black Hawk Down". I don't have time to sit through those films looking for the scene, so if anyone can help, that would be really cool. Even if you know of another film with such a scene, that would be great.

Cheers
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
    Several (perhaps 3) combat helicopters appear over the horizon, perhaps in front of a rising or setting sun, and fly towards the camera. Slow motion?

I'm thinking it's "Apocalypse Now",

Cheers
    If Beethoven's 5th was playing, as the Hueys came over the mountain and begain to strafe the village.... it's apocalypse now(one of my favorite movies(awesome with surround sound turned up to 'piss off your neighbors' volume)).
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Woops, let's go with Wagner on that(piss poor memory)..... http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/859285/

Skip to around 5:00

Comment

Good thinking, but that's not what I'm after. It wasn't a combat scene, it's just foorage of the choppers appearing and flying towards the viewer. I can see it in my head but can't recall what fucking film it was!
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I can see it too the sun was behind them and you can see the rotors blowing the exhaust down. Was it in We Were Soldiers?

Comment

or prehaps Tears of the Sun I dont remember

Comment

Do you remember what type of heli's?

Comment

I think they were Huey's

Comment

I think that was "Coming Home in a Body Bag".

Comment

Was Sly Rambo Stallone in it?
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                      If Beethoven's 5th was playing, as the Hueys came over the mountain and begain to strafe the village.... it's apocalypse now(one of my favorite movies(awesome with surround sound turned up to 'piss off your neighbors' volume)).
                      it wasnt Beethoven's 5th. it was Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                        Good thinking, but that's not what I'm after. It wasn't a combat scene, it's just foorage of the choppers appearing and flying towards the viewer. I can see it in my head but can't recall what fucking film it was!
                        man, I can see it now...... I know the scene your talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                          it wasnt Beethoven's 5th. it was Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner.
                          Erm yup, guess you didn't see my admission of fault directly under that?!?!

Woops, let's go with Wagner on that(piss poor memory)..... http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/859285/

Skip to around 5:00

Hahahahaha, Cheers

Comment

Erm yup, guess you didn't see my admission of fault directly under that?!?!

Hahahahaha, Cheers

Ooops!! sorry!

Comment

Ok, are we talking short body, Uh-1a,b,c,d,e, etc.... I'm thinking more than likely an Uh-1H?

Comment

Working...
                              X