Kids from Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids from Hell

You can buy these songs they cover by Pantera... wonder if Vinnie Paul knows about it?

What happened to selling candy bars and shit?

Now you can just cover someones original songs get paid just because your a punk ass kid?
    I feel there is a greasy ass scumbag adult behind this whole thing.

Why do I care?

It's 2am on a Thursday all my friends are drunk it's Dark and I am wearing sunglasses.

They are covering a whole fuck load of people... isn't this illegal?

Maybe it's not I'm wrong most of the time...
    Last edited by Nimitz; 01-06-2012, 03:00 AM.
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Random Thoughts:

The iTunes thing is douchebaggery, but
    It looks like schoolkids, so probably a music teacher put this together. Cool band class, eh?
    How many friggin' guitarists do they need?
    Lead guitar dude is pretty good
    That singer hahahahaha, he sounds rather heavenly
    More like the Kids From Mellow - they sure aren't moving around (rocking?) much
    That kid's ML is bigger than he is!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Autotuned 11 year old? I guess teach em while they're young...
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Kids that age, interested in Pantera and talented enough to cover it - pretty cool and a pretty good start I think.

Or the product of very effective and neverending "Dime" marketing, influencing a new generation to pay more for a guitar than a pair of Air Jordans? Bet nobody was injured in the purchase of that ML!

Comment

you can sell cover tunes as long as you get a license from the publisher. the licensing fee pays the artist royalties. depending on the song and royalty rate it can be very affordable. my band recorded "867-5309" to give away on a $0.59 download card to promote our new album. we just hand out the download card at shows. the licensing fee for us to do 100 copies of that song was around $25.00.

distribution of "live" material is different. my understanding of the licensing law was that if you "record" it live then you can distribute it without needing to secure a license. could be wrong, because i was more concerned about studio recordings, seeing that was what the band was going to do....
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Oh good god...... Couldnt last a minute. Id upgrade my reaction to "meh" if it werent for that choir boy singing.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

The best part is these guys are probably all endorsees for Ibanez, LTD, and Dean.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I found it enjoyable, while other 10-15 year olds are listening to Bieber, Gaga, crap..... these young kids are trying to keep metal alive! I applaud them, but yeah the vocals sounded a bit to innocent.
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I'm jealous of these little bastards... it looks to be middle school... when I was on middle school all we had were shitty Jasmine or lower brand acoustic guitars with terrible action trying to learn Yankee Doodle

All in all they are rocking out pretty good, the whole Itunes money thing is what is bothering.
                  sigpic
                  Action Jackson

Comment

Don't know the whole story, but watched that vid and for some kids they did a great job, but if they couldn't get a better vocalist they should have just done it instrumental or had one of the 14 guitar players play the vocal melody.

Seriously, I listened to that video a couple hours ago and my ears inside my mind are still hurting. It's like when you imagine fingernails on a chalkboard.

Comment

Working...
                    X