Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prometheus!

I am SO stoked about this one!

I'm interested but my expectations are low. They'll never match the original.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Doesn't look like there's any Predators in it! If anyone can rescue the dignity of the series it's Ridley Scott.
      Although the official line is that it's not an "Alien" film. Yeah, right....

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
        I'm interested but my expectations are low. They'll never match the original.
        Same here.
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

It looks pretty good from the bits they showed!
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The cgi looks very odd - far too clean and shiny.
            My other signature says something funny

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
              The cgi looks very odd - far too clean and shiny.
              Yeah, watch Avatar on BR, it looks fake with that much definition. That was the good thing about the lower quality screens of yester year. CGI actually was starting to look real, then 1080p and BR came out, now you can tell CGI is fake again. :dunno: Its a dead giveaway when the CGI characters are more sharply defined than the cameras that captured the real stuff are capable of.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

oh rats, i thought we were going to see a video of Snoogs pecking out someone's liver-lol
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

It's been fun reading some of the geek sites and watching the Alien(s) experts argue about all the tiny details. Here's a pretty good frame-by-frame breakdown that goes over some of them:

http://io9.com/5870560/frame+by+fram...-man/gallery/1

I'm looking forward to this one. It'll be interesting to see if it ends up just being a prequel that only serves to explain stuff that happens in Alien & Aliens, or if it really expands on the story. I don't think Ridley Scott would've done it unless he had something big to add, but you never know...

Comment

Hey I was just watching this last night - also listened to a bunch of Audiomachine tracks.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'll definitely be seeing this on the big screen. I'm a huge Alien nerd and with the exception of AVP2 and the last half-hour of Resurrection have enjoyed the whole series.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope it's not PG-13 like I've heard. That'll ruin the movie.

Comment

June 8th? Pfft. It had better be good if I've gotta wait that long.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Blade Runner from '82 looks a lot better than this. This looks just mediocre, typical digital colour grading, typical CGI, not much originality. Don't expect much from it.

Maybe his adaption of "The Forever War" will be more ballsier.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

+1 Definetly can't wait to see this!
                              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
                              X