• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim Jung Il Dead?

Guess I'm on a roll here.
    Can someone confirm this?

Maybe so!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...-died-15185456
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

is it any coincidence that Kim Jung Il & Ed Roman have never been seen in the same room together?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...nhap-says.html

Comment

I guess Hulk Hogan won, in the end.

HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Umm, you dont "contract" cancer(face palm), you "develop" cancer. Seriously, Google is your friend. Not only can it tell you how cancer works, if youre unsure, it can also give you pointers of which word best describes how it comes on, thanks to online dictionaries. So little intelligence passes for journalism these days.

Comment

Aviators weren't his preferred form of sunglasses either but, whatever? In a relatively lengthy article chronicling his life, is it really important if he contracted, developed, caught, fostered, sponsored or harboured cancer? In the end, however you want to describe how it grew in him, it killed him.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

If one cant report correct info and terminology for the small, seemingly insignificant stuff, then how can the important facts be considered reliable? Thats my point.

If I called tech support and they told me to reset that "thing-a-majiggy" that my computer is plugged into, I would consider them incompetent and ignorant. Never mind the fact that their terminology was effective and I knew what they meant, it would be unprofessional.
                Last edited by Twitch; 12-19-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

consider though that journalists are often called upon to write on topics in which they are from expert. They also have deadlines which can impact their ability to fully research the topic they are writing about. As do their editors, who you could ultimately blame for the copy that goes to print. It may be that the journalist actually used a medically correct term and their editor - due to space constraints, or just to 'zest' it up a little - chose a different term. In the end, the basic information was correctly imparted and the story got across.

If the journalist had talked about Kim's upbringing on a midwestern farm & his years studying in Cambridge before taking over as Grand High Chancellor of South Korea in a bloody coup, then that would be patently false. But quibbling over whether he contracted or developed cancer speaks more to the reader's OCD than the writer's intelligence.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

OCD, you nailed that one on the head. Where would I be without it? Never considered the time constraints. Im used to being able to infinitely edit anything I write.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      is it any coincidence that Kim Jung Il & Ed Roman have never been seen in the same room together?
                      HERRO!!!!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Oh..Nooooo , Kim Jong was fantastic in "Team America". This is a major loss !!!

I'll miss Kim Jong and Ed Roman very very very much!

Actually, this is prolly not good news. I think his tween son is taking his place. That is like having Justin Beiber....well, it's like that.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ray Ban Aviators were government issued to every cop in the 80's and 90's. Also made famous by Eric Cartman and Roberto Halford. I still have mine..and Predators too!!! But Halford and I were seperated at birth as Hellbat (I think) showed once.

I think I remember Trey Parker and Matt Stone said they spent 10K on having small replicas special made for the movie, but yet the used shit like Cheez-its as movie props.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                          X