Why I don't read Guitar World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I don't read Guitar World

I was just lookin around online today and stumbled upon some 100 worst solos list by guitar world. I have been hearing good things about their magazine and was curious.Come to find out this article was extremely biased they spent more time bashing CC Deville and Mick Mars than on the actual list. I also noticed how there were no newer metal bands or grunge groups on there I.e. Nirvana and such. You can see what I mean here http://www.guitarworld.com/100-worst...solos?page=0,0 this is one of my main reason for sticking to jcf for my guitar news.
    “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

The real list would just consist of Brian Fucking May's solos.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Or Kurt cobains
      “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

I had that issue. I believe Godsmacks Running Blind was on the list, don't care enough to check the link though. That's pretty new...

And CC Deville is just terrible.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Godsmack (and Nickelback) are fucking horrible. A joke to music.

Comment

Did you ever hear the solo that CC did? I saw Poison in 89 and walked out(I was there for the other 4 bands really). CC coked up was really bad shit.

Comment

Kerry King got to be on it, eh? At least for that crap on that Beastie Boys song...

I actually like a lot of the work he's done with his main band.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

When I hear a top blah blah blah list, I just dont read them.They boil my blood too much...
                H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

To be honest, they got a lot of that right. They got some wrong - Yankee Rose? Jeez. And I thought Eddie Ojeda played the solo on We're Not Gonna.. Still lousy though.
                  No Yngwie bashing, which is quite refreshing, and oh look!, Cult of Personality's on there. What a surprise.
                  Where's every note that Neil Young ever played?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                    Where's every note that Neil Young ever played?
                    Spot on my man..the solo for rocking in the free world sounds like a strangled cat.

Comment

I'm gutted I didn't make the list actually, I'm far shitter than any of those guys.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                        I'm gutted I didn't make the list actually, I'm far shitter than any of those guys.
                        Yep, same here!

CC's live work always sounded like your average local wannabe cover band, but I always liked his studio recordings. His solos sounded raw and as if they were done on a "one take".

I always read those "list" with a grain of salt. Make your own judgement.
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

CC had his niche, and fit the band/music.....wasn't dreadful on albums.

Hot chicks liked Poison and went to see Poison, thus I used to like Poison and go to see Poison.
                          Jackson KV2
                          Jackson KE1T
                          Jackson KE1F
                          Jackson SL1

Comment

I seriously hope that no one who calls himself a musician took part of making such list.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                              CC had his niche, and fit the band/music.....wasn't dreadful on albums.

Hot chicks liked Poison and went to see Poison
                              Probably, all those guys writing those lists are just simply jealous of CC's success with women! While he was rockin' the stages all over the world, getting paid to be a rockstar, getting free gear and having fun with all those groupies , those "guitar-world-writers-wanna-be-rockstars" had to write those stupid "list-filler-we-need-one-more-page-in-the-mag" articles.
                              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                              X