No announcement yet.

Ed Roman Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nicely said, Todd. No need to pile on now that he's dead and given that his mis-deeds are so widely documented. But now that he is gone, he shouldn't be deified & forgiven either.

Better to say nothing and let those who loved him get on with their grieving.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I have worked with Ed for about 6-7 years here and there with custom painted projects. He wasn't always the easiest guy to deal with, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt amidst all of the comments I have seen here and elsewhere. He was generally straight up with me, never had any BS. His wife is a total sweetheart of a lady. She has always and I emphasize, ALWAYS, been very professional and giving of her time when I needed it. With that in mind,out of respect for her and the rest of Ed's family, I am very sorry for their loss. I am sure Ed finds himself in a place where he does not have to worry about Ron stuffing a foot up his ass. RIP....
      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Ed Roman is not the only guy who has cut corners, i've bought fakes for big money from all kinds of people in the past,
        and that is my fault, nobody elses, but i didn't expect the fakes to come from some people i thought were friends.
        I let it slide, but now that my life is in real serious financial trouble,as it has been for a long time now, i will now in the season of christmas say fuck you
        to all who have sold me fakes. It's good to have friends. That oughtta start a good christmas shit storm.
        Waiting to get flamed now, i'm ready, let's go.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by WRC
          he was friends with Ted Nugent he couldn't be all Bad..
          Uh, Ted Nugent was a draft dodger and is a chickenhawk, so...
          Last edited by necrotechno; 12-22-2011, 12:01 PM.
          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
            Uh, Ted Nugent was a draft dodger and a chickenhawk, so...
            But he got to do a lot crystal meth and shit his pants to get that awesome status.... I guess fucking a lot of young (borderline pedo) pussy wasn't enough or he couldn't prove it to be unqualified for military. You got to admit it, away from public the man can live!
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
              I'm on the fence about the respect part. I do agree that death doesn't absolve him of his alleged wrongdoings. (I use "alleged" because the only knowledge I have of his actions is second-hand, though that just gave me pause if the thought of dealing with him ever came up.) But those wrongdoings are already out there in the aether. I'm not saying that this thread should be all warm and fuzzy for him. There are plenty of negative stories about the man. But, he does have a family that does love him, warts and all. (warts used in the figurative sense)

True story... The Chicago Blackhawks former owner "Dollar" Bill Wirtz died prior to the 2007 season. Bill was not liked by the fans. In fact, he was downright hated. (I even belonged to a forum called wirtzsucks.com) He blacked out all of the home games, hired bad management, and handcuffed any competent management into making bad deals. In short, he turned a franchise that made the playoffs for 24 consecutive years into the laughing-stock of the league. In the 2007-2008 season opener, his son and new Chicago Blackhawks Chairman/Owner Rocky Wirtz ulogized him in a pre-game ceremony. I was there. The rain of 'boooos' from the crowd was deafening. I felt so bad for the family. This was a man they loved, warts and all, being absolutely slammed by 20,000+ in the arena and countless others listening at home. (Rocky hadn't yet reversed the home-game blackouts) Despite many bad seasons, I had never been as ashamed to be a Blackhawks fan as I was at that moment.

Now, what does this have to do with ER? Well, I guess it's a plea for reason. Let's not trash him here. There are plenty of established threads that make his questionable ethics very public. Let's not praise him either. Let's just wish his soul peace and let the current historic record be his legacy.

OK, I'll step down from the soapbox.
              I get what you're saying Tekky, your blackhawk example shows that if someone doesn't care/hates the deceased they shouldn't attend an 'honouring'
              (The JCF OTOH being a discussion forum)
              It's just that the whole PC correct "speak no ill over the dead" either applies to everyone (including histories biggest tyrants who also had "loved ones") or we discard it and judge a person how he/she lived
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                I get what you're saying Tekky, your blackhawk example shows that if someone doesn't care/hates the deceased they shouldn't attend an 'honouring'
                It was just before the puck drop of the home opener, not a separate event.
                Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                (The JCF OTOH being a discussion forum)
                It's just that the whole PC correct "speak no ill over the dead" either applies to everyone (including histories biggest tyrants who also had "loved ones") or we discard it and judge a person how he/she lived
                I hate the term "politically correct" or "PC", when people say it or use it it comes off as snide and insulting. (maybe it's meant to be) I'm not trying to be PC, I'm just trying to inject some perspective and a modicum of compassion into the discussion.

With the level of evil that someone like Bin Laden, Hitler, or Kim Jong Il perpetrated on people, I have no problem speaking ill of them. Their crimes warrant it, there's proof to back it up. But Ed Roman didn't murder anyone as far as we know. He didn't violate the human rights of anyone as far as we know. I'm not saying he was a saint. The allegations of his actions are already out there. He was allegedly a shady business man and a difficult person to deal with. If true, then his actions are reprehensible and compare him to someone like Scrooge, or Bernie Madoff, but Kim Jong Il or Osama Bin Laden is just way too much.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                X