Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shawnlutz.com

Comment

22 all the way. I depend too much on the end of the fretboard, so 21 and 24 just mess me up. I have a black KV2, and I actually put a piece of electrical tape over the binding above the 23rd and 24th frets, so it 'looks' like a 22 fretter!

Comment

Both are cool. I prefer the better upper neck access that comes with 24 fret'rs. I also prefer the sweeter neck PU tone from a 22 fret'r. So it's all good.

Comment

All my guitars have 24 frets, but I never use the last 2 frets.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
            But I have Les Pauls, RR5, Hamer, all 22 frets. I would like them better, playability-wise, as 24 fret guitars. However, the neck tone on a 22 fret guitar is awesome, while on a 24 fret guitar it just sucks.
            I disagree, they just sound different, and they probably sound better in different keys. Also interesting if you can blend the two pickups and have a separate volume for the neck.

I have some 24 fret guitars, but there's probably not more than two or three songs I would actually use the extra frets for. It's nice they're there though.

Comment

Working...
            X