Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prepare for outrage, this is going to be a long thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepare for outrage, this is going to be a long thread...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...ngham-19691231

Seriously, Kurt Cobain and Jack White rank higher than Hetfield and Dime? I only made it about 20 up the list when the words this is bullshit just over took my mind. I understand these polls are purely opinion on the part of the polled, there need to be standards set to judge. You dont judge the Olympics on opinion. Until such standards are set, these silly list will always be nothing but bullshit to everyone. Enjoy.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Tweeeeeeetch...it's Rolling Stone". Pretty much the "Teen Beat" of music rags..

They are like The View talking about metal, rock, and..well, whatever.

ahhhhhh... fuggums.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I know, but even the Guitar World lists are way off base too.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Oh yay, subjective opinion lists. Where was Justin Bieber on the list? I'm sure he has been photographed holding a guitar and he's had hit songs so clearly he belongs.

In lieu of informed created content by actual writers that demand pay, these lists can be thrown together in half an hour by some unpaid intern.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Meh, these lists always have to be opinion based, there is no way to technically compare guitarists as someone who is technically more correct than other guitarists could sound like shit

Comment

Rolling stone, -the magazine that bagged on every album Zeppelin and Van Halen ever released.
            It's outhouse paper, nothing more, who gives a flying flank steak who they think are great guitar players.
            They know as much about good music as I do about space aero-dynamics.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Tommy, there are no aerodynamics in space. It's a vacuum.

Wait. Nevermind...
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I only had to go in 3 guitarist to see that this list is total bullshit... Alex Lifeson #98?

Fucking Knobs
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

The lists are just there to get people pissed off. The dying magazine business will gladly take any attention they can drum up. And speaking of drums, Lars usually gets listed as top of the heap , probably because he's the only living drummer the avg. idiot can name.

Comment

I'm not giving RS 100+ clicks.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Soooo Willie Nelson is in, and Yngwie is out. Makes sense to me.

Comment

Didn't we just have the rolling stone list discussion couple of weeks ago?
                        And it wasn't the first time then as well...

Seriously, we should do a list of the 100 most milked to death JCF-topics of all time.

Let me start:
                        1. Neck thru VS Bolt on
                        2. Floyd or no Floyd
                        3. Pre VS Post Fender quality
                        4. Rolling Stone doesn't put any of the players I love on their list, but 80+ shitty ones I don't like at all instead
                        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

5. What is my guitar worth?
                          6. What model guitar did I just buy and what is it worth?
                          7. Can you identify this guitar and tell me how much it is worth and what year it was made?

Comment

Top 5 Tuba Players:

John Fletcher
                            Øystein Baadsvik
                            Roger Bobo
                            James Bourlay
                            Bob Stewart
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

you can pretty much take anything Rollingstone prints and either start a campfire or wipe your ass with it because thats all its worth.
                              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                              X