bye bye $400 grand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bye bye $400 grand

can you believe this shit? they take everything away from everybody.
    fucking guy works his ass of in freezing weather and then has to take it right in the ass.
    not fair whatsoever-

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...194650751.html
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Read that yesterday, that is fked.
    Because he caught it in a net and NOT by a fishing pole, he can't keep it? Bastards!! Not his damn fault the thing swam into the nets!

Comment

Fuck Authority!! Feds should be catching terrorists. Not fishermen!
      Sam

Comment

I guess because you will have people "accidentally" catching boatloads of protected fish you have the rare cases where an honest guy gets screwed. As somebody who has worked in the fishing industry though, most boat captains have no scruples and their prime motivator is $$$$. Sustainability and species eradication is so far off their radar they don't even consider it.

I've seen boats sink coming back to the docks because they overloaded on fish and as soon as they hit the less boyant fresh water at the river mouth the boat goes under.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I didn't click on the link because my PC is being a dickhole...and can blow me!

Is this about that dude that caught a 900lb tuna, and the feds took it away. I don't blame them..I think any tuna weighing over 150-180 or so, depending on height ..should be saved from dudes wearing beer goggles. I never had a tuna weighing over 120 myself..but I bet 'Smacker has!! He likes 'em big and durable..BBW. I think he mentioned he took one on a boat, and needed a bigger boat. ..and I think she had a blowhole.:think:

Do ya know what's weird..some "bigger" BBW don't look that bad bent over a couch. I saw the vids, and I blew chum.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

that's nearly a $500k fish that this guy may have been able to feed his family with for a long time.
            But nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Like the guy can control what gets caught in the nets , c'mon, catch some fucking murderers, rapists, terrorists, Gibson guitar makers, etc.-lol

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
              that's nearly a $500k fish that this guy may have been able to feed his family with for a long time.
              But nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Like the guy can control what gets caught in the nets , c'mon, catch some fucking murderers, rapists, terrorists, Gibson guitar makers, etc.-lol
              Yes, that is terrible..no sense of priority man!!! That's why things are so F'd up! Everyone cares about Kardashian's ass..or that spoiled Beiber chick. While the world is fuggin' imploding!!

I'm just cruisin' on the SS Xanny while takin' care of MY biz and family...fuggums.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                Fuck Authority!! Feds should be catching terrorists. Not fishermen!
                No shit... fishermen are some of the hardest workers on the planet... this is total BS. No wonder so many people despise authority.
                "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Wow I'm in the wrong business!

Yeah they should slip this guy a cut of the cash on the side and keep it on the down-low. Otherwise, yeah there'd be a wave of copy-cat "accidents".

Comment

UPDATE: This morning I was contacted by NOAA's Monica Allen, who provided some great information and context to yesterday's story. For those who worried Mr. Rafael was being denied a substantial payday, it turns out that because of the tuna's deteriorated condition due to the trawl net, the fish sold for just under $5,000.
                    Yesterday, NOAA posted an update to their site on why the specific regulations for the bluefin tuna are in place. It's worth taking a look. I've included some highlights from my conversation with Monica Allen at the bottom of the post.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The simple explaination is that commercial fishermen need a license to fish and sell their product commercially...

Now, if I have a trawl license there will endorsements that come with it, blah blah blah some of them relating to target species and bycatch, blah blah blah
                      So, my license endorsements for my trawl operations will probably be all crustacean species and some others like squid etc.
                      There will be a rule saying that I`m not allowed to keep fin fish that I catch during my commercial operations, but if I decide do some recreational fishing while I`m out there and catch a tuna with a rod and reel and NOT my commercial trawl gear than I can keep the tuna, but, I`m not allowed to sell it.
                      Selling the fish would be part of a commercial operation and my lisence does`nt cover that.

Whether this type of rule exists for sustainibility, regulation or taxation/ economic reasons is entirely debatable I guess.

I catch fin fish with my trawl gear and the easiest way to deal with all the red tape bullshit is to throw them back... at least the dolphins enjoy them I guess.

Sounds like someone got seriously lowballed on that tuna... that trawl net deterioration crap is a load of BS, It will probably end up at an auction in Japan for some serious high end dollars.

Comment

Bingo Sandman, that fish went for a shitload more than 5k.
                        Yes, fish do lose weight when they are being reeled in and fighting for their life, the quicker you get the fish in the
                        boat the better, but I'm with you all the way on that trawl net nonsense. no way 880 pounds of tuna shrinks to 5 grand, no fucking way.
                        Go mess with those rosewood terrorists instead.

Comment

880 lbs of tuna shrinks to 5 grand because of the incompetent handling by the feds, I'm sure.

Ever see how any government agency treats confiscated property? It's not pretty, especially when it comes to valuable or collectable items.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X