Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENDRIK ~ Listen to this lazy uninspired original compositionist .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENDRIK ~ Listen to this lazy uninspired original compositionist .....

Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

That was bad ass. There is some real talent out there.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

And to think I have trouble singing while playing in "standard" style. That guy is playing drums on the guitar, two hand tapping, using the tuning keys as a whammy bar, etc. He should have also eaten a bologna sandwich then brushed his teeth while playing that......I'm sure he could have worked it in somehow.

Comment

Bloody hell...

Comment

wow. that was awesome! not just the "technical" playing but the song was interesting too. VERY impressive!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Awesome. I wonder when this slap guitar fad is gonna fade. Or is this the new form of virtuoso?
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Blame Tommy Emmanuel and Andy McKee. Amplified Acoustic Stunt Guitar is the new Neoclassical Shred.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

No, blame flamenco players from hundred years ago and Michael Hedges.

Nice playing, with practice he would be pretty good, you know... doing all that while banging some bird and walking on hot coals at the same time.

Seriously though, many "Hedges-on-steroids" type of players were seriously misunderstood and overlooked about ten years ago. I played on the same festival with one of those dudes, my band was loud rock'n'roll, I played with my teeth, behind my back, twisted the guitar around my body, jumped all over the stage and did every other gimmick in the book while playing very fast cliché licks. I got high fives and the babes but that dude who kicked my sorry ass musically was booed on by leather jacket wearing agro metalhead douchebags, everyone else was getting shitfaced.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                  Awesome. I wonder when this slap guitar fad is gonna fade. Or is this the new form of virtuoso?
                  I view it as a way for a solo performer to fill in the gaps, many players are very inventive with it! Not so much a gimmick or trick as a way to incorporate more percussive rhythm structures for the overall song....

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  No, blame flamenco players from hundred years ago and Michael Hedges.

Nice playing, with practice he would be pretty good, you know... doing all that while banging some bird and walking on hot coals at the same time.

Seriously though, many "Hedges-on-steroids" type of players were seriously misunderstood and overlooked about ten years ago. I played on the same festival with one of those dudes, my band was loud rock'n'roll, I played with my teeth, behind my back, twisted the guitar around my body, jumped all over the stage and did every other gimmick in the book while playing very fast cliché licks. I got high fives and the babes but that dude who kicked my sorry ass musically was booed on by leather jacket wearing agro metalhead douchebags, everyone else was getting shitfaced.
                  Hedges was awesome....

Now, the rest of your comment was pretty much right on. Chicks won't like the guy, cuz he aint pretty. Most genre listening folks won't get it either, there are some players out there trying to break some interesting music on the masses..... but the masses just seem to want cookie cutter formulaic same old same old.

I personally think most musicians would like to take more chances, but the industry/business doesn't support that, fucking shame.

Anyway, this guy has some great potential(of being completely overlooked).

Cheers
                  Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

True, me and the other guitarist in my band were the only true audience for that guy, we were just watching and listening in awe, the other folks were impressing themselves with their drinking skills.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                      Hedges was awesome....
                      Michael Hedges was a god!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Technically amazing..sonically boring.

I can listen to this while watching the weather channel, or at a coffee house ova a cup O' Joe (Toejam). But that's about it.

Honestly, this sounds like old people fuck..
                        Last edited by horns666; 11-21-2011, 10:15 PM.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Very cool.
                          Thanks for sharing!
                          I am impressed.

Comment

...ehh..he needs a floyd rose. Then he's makin' soup..
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                            X