I got 99 problems but watch the throne tickets ain't one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got 99 problems but watch the throne tickets ain't one

ridiculous show in Miami. Kanye and Jay-z brought the house down tonight.

Being that they played in the home of the Miami heat, both D wade and Lebron James were in attendance. Will smith was also there, but he's fucking dead to me until they make a bad boys III

D Wade and Lebron James stoked to be here

Tried to get a pic of Will Smith and his fam but I was unable to

hov

the throne

yeezy

I've been to a shitload of concerts, and seen just about every big name rock/metal band out there. This show blew them all away. Hands down most amazing concert I've ever been to. They played classics from both artists' catalogs, as well as all the best songs off of the throne. They ended with niggas in paris (they did it 4x in a row!!! I know it sounds like a bitch much, but it was unbelievable. the crown went NUTS )

every time the song would come to an end they'd bring it back and do it over. So awesome.

They gave a shout out to wade and lebron during the show, nothing for will smith b/c he hasn't made a bad boys III yet

Meh...
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Heh, the one pic looks like he jerkin it on stage.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
        Meh...

yeah i figured this would be a little 'dark' for JCF's taste. Just the vibe I get, but I figured there might be a few closet hova/yeezy fans here.

picked up this sweet bumper sticker while I was there

Comment

Umm, 'dark' has nothing to do with it my friend. Go make your assumptions and back handed remarks about nonexistent racism somewhere else. Your bullshit is really starting to stink up the place lately.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
            Umm, 'dark' has nothing to do with it my friend. Go make your assumptions and back handed remarks about nonexistent racism somewhere else. Your bullshit is really starting to stink up the place lately.
            +1

it's nothing to with race & totally about taste in music.

I'd be stoked for you to post Living Colour, 24-7 Spyz, Fishbone, P-Funk, oh any number of other black artists' concert pics. A few out of focus (and sideways) shots of some rappers I've never listened to holds little appeal to me.

ps. not surprised at all about the Will Smith thing. Much more hiphop street cred to shoutout to a couple of multi-millionaire basketballers than a multi-millionaire movie star. W-Smith is too much part of the establishment now
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Micheal Scarn "i figured this would be a little 'dark' for JCF's taste. Just the vibe I get"

What?

This is a guitar forum. You posted concert pics that didn't show a single guitar or guitar player, but you attribute lack of interest to skin color?

I don't know where you are getting this 'vibe' you speak of, but yours is the first post I have seen here that has brought race into anything.

Comment

Did Kanye play this tune, it's my favourite?

Last edited by Endrik; 11-17-2011, 01:53 AM.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Funny, I took the the "too dark" as a joke about the music.

As dark and deep as Avenged Sevenfold and other mediocre bands who aren't worth the time.

I'm on a Dälek mood, haven't heard Hova or Kanye do anything like this, ever, not even close. The music alone is fucking brilliant, a sea of soundscapes.

and a very appropriate tune too

Last edited by Endrik; 11-17-2011, 02:27 AM.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I Hate Hip Hop..It is a music that wasn't written for me to like. I'm NOT exactly their demographic. It is an artistic outlet for people from the hood, and that mindset that directly relates to them. Just as Country, metal and other genres of music related to those demographics. ..barflys, trailer folk. ect.

In fact, I'm prolly the main topic on most of their songs about Fuck Da police..I love that.. Great stuff!..I'ts funny. I'll dance to that shit!!

A taste in music is not being racist. I wouldn't expect the majority of thugs and thugettes to embrace metal, or country..or visa versa. Everyone must find their music to connect to, as enjoyment or escape. But rap and myself is like water mixing to oil..these are well-studied scientic facts!

Mo-town grabbed me by the balls as a Bass Player. I could NOT get enough of Bootsy, Larry Graham, James, Jamison, and my main inluence, my bass god..Louis Johnson of the Brothers Johnson. That ruled my world, but it was just good music without anyone muthafuggin anyone..just killer, grooves, technique, music. So I learned "Stomp" note for note until blue in the face! To me, you ain't shit until you learn you some "Stomp"..

These are facts!

Bill Z
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Death to all but metal!

Last edited by javert; 11-17-2011, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Bill, none of the tunes I posted are about cops being assholes, many topics are very similar to what many alternative rock or prog bands use, some of the tunes are critical of cheesy, prostitute music, like mtv hip-hop which is about bitches and gangstas. And it's hard to describe the demographics of Dälek's audience as they've been touring with bands like Tool, Isis, The Melvins, Godflesh etc.

The style of music doesn't dictate the subject themes, this is for those who are interested in clichés.
                        I'm a fan of Meshell Ndegeocello, I think she's one of the best bassists in the world, great funk and jazz musician but she also has a career as a mainstream pop musician.
                        Take this tune for example, very poppy r'n'b, yet the lyrics could be used in extreme metal,.... oh and a killer bass line too
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fojla_ZnPwE

But live I've seen her playing mostly this kind of stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weN7DkrLjEU

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
                          yeah i figured this would be a little 'dark' for JCF's taste. Just the vibe I get, but I figured there might be a few closet hova/yeezy fans here.
                          Skin color has nothing to do with it. I'm just not a fan of this genre.
                          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

How can that could have been the "most amazing concert" youv'e ever seen, but theres not one instrument in sight? Thats whats wrong with most music today, they left the music part out.
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                              Skin color has nothing to do with it. I'm just not a fan of this genre.
                              +1

I've never been into really anything other than metal. Nothing to do with being "dark" or not... wow.

Comment

Working...
                              X