gwar guitarist doesn't work here anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gwar guitarist doesn't work here anymore

scott Ian should stop ranting, he's alive and has plenty of money, gear, gigs,
    etc, etc, etc,
    link-
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-tour-bus.html
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

More newsworthy of that is the fact the Daily Mail didn't rant about some of the aspects of the average Gwar show. They obviously have no clue how "Have You Seen Me?" is performed live...
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

i've never listened to a gwar tune in my life, i think i just wanted to bark Scott Ian instead.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
        i've never listened to a gwar tune in my life, i think i just wanted to bark Scott Ian instead.

Had a friend who worshipped the shit out of them in the late 80's and early 90's. I couldn't stand them They were never quite metal, punk, or anything, and I don't mean tio rip on them when they just lost someone but I always saw them as a poser band that never really fdound its musical niche so they relied on gore gimmicks. They're basically a wanna-be thrash version of KISS

Comment

i may have to keep my never having heard a tune by them going then, thrash and kiss don't mix for me.

Comment

Man that is fuggin' sad.

GWAR is hilarious live!

I didn't know this..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

GWAR has never been about the music. It's about the live show. Dave Brockie (the singer and main remaining founding member) started out in a punk band called Death Piggy. They did some shows with the Plasmatics (Wendy O. Williams chainsawing stuff, lots of theatrics) and he got the idea to take that type of thing & run with it. It was a huge effort with a lot of people from in & around the VCU art school scene & the local music scene involved. The earliest GWAR shows had more of a punk & hardcore vibe, but a thrashier sound fit better as the backstory of the stage characters was fleshed out. The whole thing was a big goof that snowballed and they always thought it was hilarious that some metalheads took it seriously.

I knew a couple of the guys pretty well when I lived in Richmond (late '80s to early '90s), especially the two Mikes (Derks, guitarist & main songwriter, still in in the band, and Bishop, bass player no longer with them) and my wife has known Mike D. since grade school. He's a great guy who can write & play all different kinds of music. As far as I know, the only person making a full-time living off of GWAR is Brockie.

Comment

Read about this last night. I saw Gwar open for White Zombie in NYC in 1994... they were awesome, especially since I was real close and got shot with the fake blood/goo/whatever they shot into the audience. It was quite an experience! I've got a couple of their CDs around here somewhere.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The problem people have with Gwar is that they take them too seriously
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    The problem people have with Gwar is that they take them too seriously
                    Agreed.

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                    X