My Latest Solo Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Latest Solo Work

Hey fellow shred heads!!! I just wanna share my latest with you. Been working with my new band The Heathers for the past few months and this Sunday recorded the latest solo for "High School" ... however, I'm going to speed up the 2nd half of it, or more technically, going to add more notes. :P (Link at bottom of post)

I'm back to my Jacksons (using my '93 RR1 again, woot!) for this band and am loooooving it lots. The solos for "High School" were recorded with my Rhoads. The solos on "Operation: Execute" were recorded with my KE2.

A full version of our song "Operation: Execute" is up there, too, and we'll be posting a sick video from our first show soon as well. If you have the time I'd love to get your feedback on this stuff so far. The Heathers are expecting to play at NAMM in January, so if you're even thinking about going, you'd better find me and say hi!!!

https://www.reverbnation.com/theheathersthrash

Annah That's awesome. I'm definitely going to pick this up in my travels. Great tone, production, songs and vocals. Loved what I've heard!! My favorite band of yours so far..keep up the hard work.

BTW I'm not @ FB anymore. I hate that place.. As always, this is my home from home.

BillZ
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That was some really tasty soloing

Comment

Good stuff! Lots of conviction in the playing and singing. Really like your tone. What amp/effects are you using?

Comment

That is awesome!
          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Thanks you guys!! Bill thank you, that means a lot to me. And me too, The Heathers definitely has the most promise and professionalism of any band I've been in so far.

Truss: I ran straight into a Diezel herbert with a 4x12 Orange cab, mic'd to the board. There's comp, reverb, and some delay FX in ProTools.

Live I run through a Krank Rev+1 into a Marshall 1960a cab. No FX but I do use a dbx 166XL for comp, limiter, gate and sustain.

BTW, we record here: www.mindseyedigital.net Best studio in AZ, bar none.

Comment

Annah, are you sure you want to change it (solo)?

I only ask because it sounded like it fit really well.
              If its not broken don't fix it.
              The solo was good. It stands fine and rocked on it's own.

It comes across in the tunes and your solo - your in a good place, happier.
              Good stuff.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Soap - Great advice and thank you!!! I think it sounds great too, so... done! Will leave it as is. And yes, I'm definitely in a really good place now. Life is pretty amazing and not a day goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars.

Comment

Working...
                X