No announcement yet.

Save your fingers on string changes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always stretch my strings on a change. It seems to help, I've never really found it to be that 'hard' on the fingers. However, I do have a string winder(hahahaha). It does save time..... and the floyd solution is funny, not practical though
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      I have those EXACT things on all my guitars...what are they???!!!:think::think::think:
      Those things would be called a Floyd Rose Special, and if you have them on all your guitars, it's time to buy a better guitar Hornsy!
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I am 100% positive I saw a guitar mag ad back in the 80's for a handheld string stretcher. It wasn't this one, but maybe I'll look for the ad sometime.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I too remember seeing that one of the string winders had a built in string stretcher per the description in a catalog. I want to say it was the Dunlop, but I could never figure out how to use it as such.
          Just a guitar player...

Comment

I stretch my strings by bending the string all the way across the fret board. Only have to do it twice per string and they pretty much stay in tune the rest of their life after that.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
              I stretch my strings by bending the string all the way across the fret board. Only have to do it twice per string and they pretty much stay in tune the rest of their life after that.

..yep..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I simply do bends on each string at various locations on the fretboard. After about 3 passes for each string it's done. Pretty simple. However, if I were a tech doing multiple string changes a day, it'd be cool to have something like that device. Actually, it only retails for $14.50, which means it will probably street price for less. Might be worth getting just to check it out as sometimes I will change strings on 2 or 3 guitars in one sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                  I leave the guitar laying flat on it's back and fret notes(roughly a step apart) moving up the neck while pulling the string away from the guitars body and wiggling it like a clit. Less than 5 minutes to not have to floyd fight with the tuning, time well spent.
                  Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

ahhhhhh ...shut the fuck up and play your guitars!!!

..what's wrong with you people..??

asshole people..

BillZ
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                    X