Website or FB page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website or FB page?

To all the gigging members- which seems to work better for promoting your band- a dedicated website or a facebook page?
    We've got both but frankly, I seem to be able to do more with the FB page and it looks better. Add to that a Reverbnation page in a link within the FB and you've got a pretty complete promo package. So, do you REALLY need a website?

having a website is good for the overall "presentation" of the band, but i have found it is kinda pointless unless you have tons of fans.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Both. A website is a more professional (depending on the website itself, of course) way to have all your relevant information such as discography, biography, etc. displayed in a manner that aesthetically represents your band in a as accurately as possible. As much as i hate to admit it though, social networking is definitely an essential tool for promotion nowadays.
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

i tend to not take bands seriously if their only website is an fb page

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
          +1

Any old group of unshaven riffraff can throw up a FB page...
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

We have had an "official" website ever since our first demo back in 2003. Our then-vocalist set us up with a MySpace page, and it served us well while MySpace was still relevant, but it was essentially just a stripped-down version of our hosted site. We do use Facebook now to advertise local shows and do some networking, but I definitely prefer email for serious communications and the website for maintaining the band bio, photo archive and anything that might end up linked to a metal-related website. Also, the way that social networking sites inevitably change formats and features, I'm not willing to put much time or money into a fancy design or loads of content.

As far as promotion is concerned, Facebook is good for coordinating shows with other bands, but I'm not convinced that it's better than a hosted site for things like new releases or merchandise.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
              I normally take them seriously until I hear them play in person (or live), then when I get back home, I go back to thier website, read thier blurb again and LMFO

Anyone can start a website with links to spewtube, lamebook and TWITter pages so you can let all your `fans` know that you just took a dump and it was great!

Comment

Working...
              X