No announcement yet.

Gratuitous Gig Pics Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, the last couple of live shows, it just hasnt seemed to lively chugging away behind me. Think Ill start playing in focused mode live. Its got all the body you could want.

I honestly think that odd match up in the power section has something to do with it. When the moneys get here, a matched quad of 6L6s is something on the list that Im not confused about, not what brand on the other hand, is a point of contention.
    Last edited by Twitch; 09-27-2011, 06:01 AM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

ahhh. well I like 6L6 honestly. But I'm not a fan of Ruby. I'm prolly the minority but I've been VERY happy with the stock Sovtek 5881 (6L6) tubes in my 9200. They had countless hours on 'em (since '96) and haven't failed me or changed a lick. I also love Tung Sol brand as well.

I'd love to hear what my Uber would sound like w/6L6 or KT88. I have the stock JJ EL34s in there. If the power tubes are anything like the JJ 12AX7 I had in there..I am NOT a fan. I'm running Tung Sol pres in Marshall and Bogner.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        ahhh. well I like 6L6 honestly. But I'm not a fan of Ruby. I'm prolly the minority but I've been VERY happy with the stock Sovtek 5881 (6L6) tubes in my 9200. They had countless hours on 'em (since '96) and haven't failed me or changed a lick. I also love Tung Sol brand as well.

I'd love to hear what my Uber would sound like w/6L6 or KT88. I have the stock JJ EL34s in there. If the power tubes are anything like the JJ 12AX7 I had in there..I am NOT a fan. I'm running Tung Sol pres in Marshall and Bogner.
        Honestly, I like EL34s better than 6L6s. The X100B I had was a monster with EL34s, with 6L6s, its just lost something I really couldnt put my finger on. I fully retubed it with JJs and it sounded great. It had so much bass and body that it had to be highpassed somewhat when we recorded with it. It had more thump to it than the bass guitar tracks did. Its flaw was I had to mod the FX loop for it to be loud enough at rehearsals.

Im probably gonna put Mesa 6L6s in the PB. They did real well in the 6505+, and theyre abundant on the shelf around here. I hate waiting for tubes. To me, tubes are a right now kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
          Twitch, you're pushing the envelope by flashing non-Jackson pics here!!!
          I was going to mention the samething! No pics with Jacksons? What's up?
          You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
            I was going to mention the samething! No pics with Jacksons? What's up?
            I brought the Kelly that night with the intention of doing the drop D half of the set with it, but when we got there, I discovered we didnt bring the hanging stand and Kellys dont lean up against amps to well so went with the Axtra the whole night.

Comment

That guitar actually looks nice..never heard of that brand. I need to get out more.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Good shit brother! I can't wait to get back into playing gigs again.

Also, love the shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  That guitar actually looks nice..never heard of that brand. I need to get out more.
                  Its made by a small custom only shop ( I think, the guys sites been down for months, so maybe he does have a few production models?) in Wisconsin. Mines one of two Ive ever seen for sale before, and I talked to the guy(the builder) and mines 100% unique. Some guy special ordered it in 91. Its a great guitar, Im just not as attached to it as I am my other three guitars, so its always the first one to try to move in the event of a GAS flare up.

Comment

Working...
                  X