Motorcycle instead of a San Dimas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle instead of a San Dimas.

I know I should be ashamed of myself but.... I passed on a SD for a bike. I've been needing to ride for awhile now so I'm thinking I'm happy, but.... I've been wanting a new Charvel since I first played one. The deal on the bike was a very good deal. Older bikes are my favorite, especially powerful ones. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E, in there day they were the most powerful bike on the market. It needs work but I can handle it. $300 because I'm a friend and ex-inlaws. The Charvel was also a good deal $500 for a newer MIJ San Dimas red, not sure which red but no case, used. Or am I being stupid on the guitar? Either way next summer is going to be a blast!!!
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Depends on what youre into. Ive done the $600 project bike thing before. It was fun for about 3 weeks and I decided to sell it because I got tired of working on it. I would have rather spent the money on a guitar. Got to ride the bike like 4 times, could have played the guitar every day.

Honestly, in my situation, as much as I love a good motorcycle, it just doesnt jive with my lifestyle. Three kids and a wife and always have to take something somewhere that doesnt fit on the back of the damn thing pretty much makes it a garage decoration.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I'm divorced with a daughter. I love too ride, I lost my last bike when everything went to hell with my Mom a couple years ago. I sold off everything I didn't really need to move up to Minneapolis to take care of her. I've been missing riding for too long. As far as working on it a lot I've been a mechanic for a long time, only just recently gave it up because I got the divorce and was able to get a band going again. Playing with busted up knuckles is impossible. I want to travel on it too so, my friends out in Arizona are going to get a suprise. My thinking is I can get another chance at a Pro Mod, a bike that's this reasonable may not come around again, with a friend getting a hook up also. BTW Suzuki bike fan.
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Thumbs up sir!!
        I am the original owner of a 1983 GS1100ES
        It sat in the garage for a while..i spent a year restoring it.
        kerker header, mikuni smooth bores, sealed O ring chain etc.
        roadtrip in about a week!
        wicked bikes! it is good to "get away" on those beasts.

Comment

Hey tmj, come on out to SoCal and work on this one for me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	108-0829_IMG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	2445611
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What's it need? Been sitting too long? Busa's are awesome. Way too much power, well for the common man. LOL

Comment

Yeah, been sittin' about 5 years. Needs tires, battery, tank clean out.

Comment

Why would you park it for 5 years Ron? Did it scare you?
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  That thing would scare any man
                  (as compliment to the bike that is)
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    That's OK...I don't drive my toy much for that very reason!

Me, about three weeks ago. Leaving more than 100 miles of scorched earth with this fucker..

Those are pajamas BTW. That spontaneous trip around the block ..lasted for 8 hours..

Last edited by horns666; 09-20-2011, 11:09 AM.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nice dice Billzy

Comment

You`ll like this vid then...

Comment

HOLY SHIT MY FUCK!!!

Ya see..that's why I only have under 900 miles on the clock. When you drive a Cobra..well..that's how you drive a cobra.

I know it's practical..but I do NOT like that hard top at all. Looks like a football helmet.

Yes Ron. I bought those yellow fuzzy dice at the dollar store. Best dollar ever spent!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You did the right thing for yoru situation.
                            Proud owner of a 1980 Suzuki GS850GL.
                            Shaft drive and smooth as silk. Nice ride. Enjoy it!

Comment

2005 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado 1700 in the house. 102ci. Got tons of guitars and amps too.
                              Here is my opinion.
                              If you have other guitars then buying the bike was a good decision
                              If you have no other guitars then you should have bought the Charvel.

Of course.. thats assuming you are a guitar player.

Comment

Working...
                              X