so i got tallked into....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i got tallked into....

joining a band. the rest of the band say they want to do metal so i drew up a list of around 30 songs that i'm comfortable with (just to throw a few feelers out and see what direction they want to take it), out of the 30 or so songs they were happy with two of them and proceeded to add blues/rock tunes to the list of songs for our first rehersal. now should i open my mouth and protest at the shitty un-metal pub band music they suggested or keep my mouth shut for now and see how it goes?
    yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

that is up to you, really. do you want to play that music, or only metal?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

See how it goes. Give it a few months. If direction goes in a way you dont like. Bail. No loss and youll have a few memories to boot

Comment

Crank up the distortion and metalize that shit!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          +1. I don't see live bands to hear the album version note for note, inject a bit of personality into it..
          Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster View Post
            so i drew up a list of around 30 songs that i'm comfortable with, out of the 30 or so songs they were happy with two of them
            List them here
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

sneak some metal solos into the chorus of those songs and see if that fly with them.

Comment

Imo playing music is playing music as long as you have fun, id do it
                I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

I say do it. It'll be fun. Go play. If it's not your thing, that's cool. But exposure to more styles is good.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Wait til they all look happy and content half-way through a song... then crank your amp, and blast them with some death metal riffs.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                    X