Itunes library help. please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itunes library help. please :)

OK, so I bought a new laptop for my music studio, loaded itunes on it, and transferred my itunes library to that computer, and everytihng is working fine and dandy.

so I added a few CD's into itunes on it. everything is fine. they are listed in the song list, and you can play them. But......... when you look for them in the itunes library, they are not listed. What the hell? The songs play and work fine, but when you look for the files in the itunes library they are not listed. I cant understand it.

any ideas?? I want to ad some more CD and do a backup on a external hard drive, but I want to make sure the latest CDs are there in the library and part of the backup.

damn apple and steve job. I thought apples were supposed to be so great and no problems. I find itunes to be a pain in the ass.
    Last edited by tonemonster; 09-14-2011, 08:04 PM.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

The Mac IS cool, iTunes just blows, and has from day 1 IMO. I dont have the answer for you as Ive completely sworn to never ever ever use iTunes ever again. Hate it. The thing is though if I had the computer right in front of me I could probably figure it out. Sounds a lot like a problem I have every now and then with the Win 7 libraries and Windows Media Player. I know this does you no good, but I feel for you. Fuck iTunes, and toejam.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I think I just figured it out. the new computer has it under "itunes media" where the old PC had it under "itunes music".

Comment

What I suspected. Same thing the libraries do to me. except the opposite. New stuff will show up in WMP, but cant easily find it in the Music Library in Libraries. It started for me because of a reinstall of 7 and then mounting an old system image from a backup to get my music back. The old music goes where I tell it to go, the Library and the new music says it goes to the owners documents but actually goes to the computers documents and then I have to go and include that directory in the Library to make it show up in the Libraries window. Hassle with a capital H.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

yea, its a royal pain in the ass.

Comment

Working...
          X