Amsterdam/ Munich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amsterdam/ Munich

I'm going to Amsterdam in a few weeks, on my may to Munich for Oktoberfest. Does any one have any suggestions on which coffee shops in the 'dam I should visit and stay clear from?

Any one been to Munich for Oktoberfest? Any helpful tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
    and stay clear from?
    The ones that dont smell like your average coffee shop.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

.....WEED

Stay away from a place called HOSTEL!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
        Any one been to Munich for Oktoberfest? Any helpful tips it would be greatly appreciated.
        Fantastic city, not going there during Oktoberfest was the right decision, that would be my tip of the day

People's obsession about smoking weed in Amsterdam is pretty amusing though, like the legality makes the effect of the drug somewhat better
        But why not try this, instead of wasting your time sitting around get high and go right into Rijksmuseum, now that would be a hell of a trip. Seeing "Night Watch" up close is something you can't do nowhere else in the world, that's a sight, I imagine with the help of the herbs the effect would be pretty overwhelming.
        Last edited by Endrik; 09-14-2011, 09:33 PM.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I can only pass on what I`ve heard from others... They say the most important thing for your trip to the seedy parts of the Netherlands is to not look like a tourist, leave your camera back at your room, hang with your buds if possible, don`t buy drugs off the street and keep that American accent down...

Get stoned, be merry, blend in!

Comment

I wanna hang with Endy in Amsterdam..or anywhere really.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

"If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!"
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Keep in mind that drugtourism is punishable by law, a hefty fine you as foreigner will have to pay on the spot

chances of getting caught are very slim though
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Cool. I was in Munich for Oktoberfest a couple of years ago with some friends. That was a lot of fun, except that I was all partied out after a couple of days If you want a spot in one of the big tents, then I think you have to make reservations some time ahead, especially if you're a big party.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the "coffee shops" but there are sooo many to choose from. I'm not a novice in that dept. I certainly don't plan on leaving the city or the country for that matter with any contraband. I'm all set with Oktoberfest tickets, I can't remember at which tent I have a seat at. Each ticket gets me 2 Liters of beer and half a roast chicken. I know I'll drink more than that. I drank 2 liters of some good German beer a few weeks ago with no issues.

Comment

Hehe, sounds like it's going to be some trip...

Comment

Be sure to take food supplies with you because Dutch people don't know how to eat. As for coffee shops, any one will do really but the dodgiest looking ones are probably the best (as weird as that sounds). Be sure to check out the red light district, you'll find some nice friendly ladies there.
                        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                          Be sure to take food supplies with you because Dutch people don't know how to eat.
                          Aren't you the guys who spill vinegar all over their french fries served with a fish wrapped in newspaper? :think:
                          Last edited by micha; 09-15-2011, 12:13 PM.
                          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Yeah, that's the English. I'm Greek haha.

EDIT:

And compared to Dutch food, fish and chips is gourmet cuisine.
                            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Oh, it's not that bad at all IMO.
                              But it's Amsterdam, so chances are good if you don't like the local food you'll find the same McDs, Chinese and Pizza-stuff you get everywhere else.

Now the Greek know how to eat, but I could understand once you're used to the English food you get quite a hard time wherever you go as well...

@sharkfin:
                              Oh, and have a fun trip!
                              If you're after women there, try concentrating on the ones who tied their Dirndl on the left side.
                              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
                              X